there was a thread just like this yesterday...and im gonna agree with the Warpigs, but EMGs are awesome from my experience.
What amp do you have, your amp is more important, it accounts for at least 80% of your sound.

Use the search feature also

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
im half half..warpigs are sweet, but as ar EMG's unless u want to play clean, cuz from my experience they dont sound the greatest..
Embrace my doom, the dead i screw, life is no more, my sole existence in gore, conjure up my grave, come near; be brave. this vine i will life, rip, the rapture deep in my head
Now that we are on the topic, whats a good pickup combo for technical death metal? I need every single note to ring out cleanly, and without sounding dead, but to still be able to let me chug away with distortion
BK pickups are insanely expensive if you don't live in the UK. Screw EMGs, go for the Dave Mustaine signature active pickups from Seymour Duncan.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
The SD's Limewire^
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
dimarzio x2n!!!
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
lol i said LIMEwires. Mah bad.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Dimarzio X2N
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!
Just go out and buy a Triple Rectifier or a Powerball and you'll be set. You won't have any money left, but you'll be set.
Quote by insideac
Now that we are on the topic, whats a good pickup combo for technical death metal? I need every single note to ring out cleanly, and without sounding dead, but to still be able to let me chug away with distortion

BK Nailbombs.

Incredible clarity.
I want to get a sound like All That Remains out of my Les Paul and I'm thinking of getting some seymour duncan blackouts metal. Good idea?
DiMarzio D-Sonic is very underestimated. Petrucci uses them in his Musicman guitars and he has some pretty heavy tones at times, it even has brilliant clarity for lead lines.

You need a decent amp though, a set of pickups aren't going to make a massive difference mate.