I've bought Boomers for strings, and they always break, so I need some suggestions on good strings that would help in anyway for an AC DC sound. Also, what are some good durable picks, because I have some Ernie Balls, and they always chip exsesively. Help me out a little bit.
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
i personally like the boomers
what gauge are you using?
you might think of using a heavier gauge

and for picks i can only recommend the dunlop tortex picks (i use the yellow ones)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i have the same problem with my picks, after about a day they make that horrible scratching sound and i can't use them. but i use boomers, and they never seem to break on me, at least for about a month, but i usually replace before that
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
Best strings to use are Enie ball strings (especially the power slinkey) these stings are used by most professional musicians including ACDC, tool, System of a Down, Metallica (guitarists), slayer, Judas preist, U2,... and 100s more. they also have a wide range gauge from (i think ) 60 to 13 (something like that to skinny (around 20 something to 9)

i use them all the time
Personally, I used Boomers (10's) for a long time and I liked them but I recently switched over to DR's and I REALLY like these! I also use Dunlop Tortex Jazz picks in the .50mm size.
Strings are pretty much preference. If your strings keep breaking more likely it's a problem with your saddles or something than the strings themselves.

As far as picks go, thicker ones are more durable and better for playing fast, but worse for strumming. I use 1.9mm Clayton Black Jazz and 3.0mm Big Stubbies. You can shred with anything above 1mm though. After that it's also all preference.
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
It doesn't matter what strings you use, they aren't going to make any difference to your tone save for the extra brightness you get from having a new set. Just get some nice 10's, Ernie Balls or D'addarios. I wouldn't bother with Elixir's, they're protected from corrosion slightly but not from heavy-handedness. There's no point spending extra money when chances are it's your technique that's breaking them - either that or a rough spot on a saddle. For picks, Jim Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm are pretty much indestructable.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^good job

EDIT: post 287! yeah!!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009