So, is it me or do Ipods sound like crap? Every single Ipod i've heard sounded flat, no bass, plain...they just sound bad. At first I thought it could be the stock earphones that come with it, but I listened to them with mine, and they still sounded like crap, unlike my couple-of-years-old cd/mp3/wma Sony player.

Is that really the quality you get for hundreds of dollars? Or is it that not a single person that I know knows how to set up a nice eq preset? Do they even have eq options?...I've never seen any....
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Maybe it's the songs/your equalizer not being adjusted/your earphones
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
alter the settings.....works for me
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by Kensai
Maybe it's the songs/your equalizer not being adjusted/your earphones

My earphones are ok, i was listening to my mp3 player with them and then plugged them into the Ipod and it sounded like crap. The song sounded just horrible, and it wasn't the sound of the song (i know cuz i've had the cd with that song for years). I don't know about its eq's, but i've never even seen eq opions on ipods, or at least haven't bothered to find them since i can't stand listening to them.

So, is it bad sound or all the people i know just don't know about eq?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
yeah i noticed that to on certain songs on my friends ipod, but i dont have much experiance with ipods so maybe thats just the settings
If you want Bass, you can get those little Earbud attachments that go on your earphones. The earbuds actually go partly inside your ear, and amplify the low-end quite a bit. If you have the volume up on a rather Bassy song, you'll feel it vibrating in your ears.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Quote by evening_crow
My earphones are ok, i was listening to my mp3 player with them and then plugged them into the Ipod and it sounded like crap. The song sounded just horrible, and it wasn't the sound of the song (i know cuz i've had the cd with that song for years). I don't know about its eq's, but i've never even seen eq opions on ipods, or at least haven't bothered to find them since i can't stand listening to them.

So, is it bad sound or all the people i know just don't know about eq?

well before you say anything else I suggest messing with the equalizer (assuming there is any, there must be)

oh and have you heard that particular .mp3 file on a computer before? Because someone might've turned the quality way down when ripping from the CD
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
my ipod has eq settings it sounds fine with my cheap ass headphones. maybe its just the quality of the sound file
FREE-FORM METAL
Oh, I thought this was a B.C. Rich thread, damn.

I think you just need to change some of your audio settings.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
Oh, I thought this was a B.C. Rich thread, damn.

HAHA A B.C. RICH JOKE GUYS! LET'S ALL SIG THIS FUNNY MAN NOW!

first of all the ipod itself isn't creating sound waves, bad news for you, either your ear phones suck or your sound files blow. now i will admit the little amp and digital EQ can't be the worlds best but for the most part if you have good files and good phones that will greaten the listening experience vastly. just remember when you can get as high of a bit rate as you can. when i rip my music if i happen to buy a CD i do 320 bit rate. Even iTunes files are 192kbps which still has a greater range than a human ear can hear. So its all good man.
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
all the ipods ive ever listened to sounded fine
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Don't use the eq setting on your ipod, that will EQ every single song on the thing the same way. Go into iTunes and eq each song individually, the results will be a lot better over all.

just right click each song and go into "Get Info" then click the "Options" tab and you will see a drop down listing all the EQ settings.
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
Quote by hotroderguy
Don't use the eq setting on your ipod, that will EQ every single song on the thing the same way. Go into iTunes and eq each song individually, the results will be a lot better over all.

just right click each song and go into "Get Info" then click the "Options" tab and you will see a drop down listing all the EQ settings.

You realize that some people have 1000+ songs right? That would take forever. I personally just keep it in the rock EQ because it boosts bass nicely, and keeps the others boosted proportionately. And all my music sounds fine.
Quote by hotroderguy

that would be a bitch to do with anything over like 100 songs.
so if youre one of the people who have like 109764653759 then that would take weeks

edit:
beaten
FREE-FORM METAL
Exactly, the EQ and get sterio headphones. Much better.
Now, bass boost on the iPod with the buds sounds like absolute shit.
Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers' (Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or guitar_man_guy to join!

Member Number Three Of The:
"...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join!
Quote by Dirge Humani
You realize that some people have 1000+ songs right? That would take forever. I personally just keep it in the rock EQ because it boosts bass nicely, and keeps the others boosted proportionately. And all my music sounds fine.

The "Rock" EQ for nearly any MP3 player is almost always the best choice of EQ, just go with that.