ok, so i was playing my guitar with my flease jacket on then i set the guitar down to take my jacket off i bend down to pick my guitar up and i get the worst shock i have ever recieved in my life... has this ever happened to anyone? would it have been more shocking if i had a more powerful amp?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
where did you touch the guitar when you got the shock....and what amp is it?
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I had something kinda like that happen.
If I curl my wrist around the bottom of the neck on my bass it kinda gives a shock.
It's weird.
Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers' (Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or guitar_man_guy to join!

Member Number Three Of The:
"...Still Waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join!
Yeah, I used to do that a few times when I played my Encore strat thingy...Still get it know and again
Quote by rockdude375
where did you touch the guitar when you got the shock....and what amp is it?

its actually quite funny cause i was thinking i was gonna get shocked so i tried to avoid touching any metal parts of the guitar so i grabbed it from the underside of the neck and i still got shocked lol... its a vox AD30VT
Quote by C.C. Deville
its actually quite funny cause i was thinking i was gonna get shocked so i tried to avoid touching any metal parts of the guitar so i grabbed it from the underside of the neck and i still got shocked lol... its a vox AD30VT

That would be funny If it scared the shit outta you and you flung your guitar across your room cause of the jolt.
I used to get that if I touched my guitar and PC simultaneously.
Quote by IbanezPlayer27
That would be funny If it scared the shit outta you and you flung your guitar across your room cause of the jolt.

haha i almost did i was so confident i wasnt gonna get shocked so i just grabbed it then like threw it at the ground lol
I've never been shocked from my guitar. How does it shock you?
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Joe-Fish
I've never been shocked from my guitar. How does it shock you?

I believe its either from your guitar cord passing over your power cord...or bad grounding your amp is on.
whats bad grounding?
I play inside a room on Carpet.

therefor.

I get alot of static elctricity built up at times.

ouch.
F.U.B.A.R.
I dont know why, but If I touch anything electrical with my guitar on my lap, it makes a buzzing sound. Either its not earthed properly, or its just static.

Dont worry about getting shocked by a guitar, the most voltage they can run at is about 3 Volts
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Be careful. It happens, My BF has had a few bad shocks from the amp. My self.. I am a farm girl, i bumped a few live wires in my time.
"The only solace to the miseries of life is Music and Cats". Albert Schwietzer
ah yes my haha my amp on a carpet and me wearing wool socks and flanel pants and a flease jacket was just asking to get shocked eh? haha