I currently have an Epi Les Paul Custom,I run through an Me-50 into a *cough*mg..*cough* and my b-day is coming up in 2 weeks,I play most genres of rock from gun's n' roses to the strokes.
I'm wondering do any of you guys have any ideas that i could get e.g guitar/music related?
And don't say a new amp....:p

I've thought about new p-ups,new pedals etc.
My dad has an sg from 1991 that the hardware is a bit shitty on,All of the screws will need replacing and most of the hardware really,Maybe you couldsuggest some cool parts for it and i also sent a 1973 strat into get some repair work done to the electronics,it sounds great but it's the typical black and white strat that you see 999 times a day these days,Any ideas for strat parts?
Thanks.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
How much money? I would suggest a used jcm 800 or 900.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Why put the cough cough thing around the MG if you dont want to hear about not getting a new amp? you seriously should try a new amp and open up your tone.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Actually, I just read this post a bit more.

Change your amp, you NEED a new amp.

/Thread until you tell us your budget.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Sorry guys!
Lol i tried to make absolutely sure i put in as much info as possible for fear of flames :p
yeah i'd say a compfortbale budget of 150-200 from each parent,To be onest im perfectly happy with my mg it's jsut i know you people don't like it,I got it cheap and it was worth it if i wouldve paid more i wouldve been pissed but all i wanted was a big/cheap amp with a decent clean for my pedal.
I've gotten a few compliments for my tone and i know what i'm doing,the mg is grand when you have the music to back it up!
To be honest i really wouldn't mind a nice dsl maybe,To be honest i don't know much about the higher end marshalls except that i probably can't afford them,But how much woulda used one go for?
I'd still have to get speakers though or could i just input it into my mg's?

EDIT:My father's a proffesional musician so he'd know where to go for a good deal if i told him what i wanted,I've already asked him and he said he'll think what i should get.
He plays a Gretsch White Falcon,A U.s Tele and a 335 through an ac-30 and he even said i had a very nice tone when he saw me play.So i think i'm ok for my amp really.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
Last edited by CommanderCool6 at Mar 4, 2007,
Ahh, well..if you're happy with it, nothing we can do. Just jack your dad's ac30 though, lol. Yeah, just fix up the SG if you can...maybe new pick ups?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Lol he offered me the use of his backup ac-30 because his one has never broken down in like 10 years so maybe haha.
The sg works fine its jsut not in great cosmetic order to be honest,there's rust on a lot of the hardware except from the pups surprisingly,i was thinking maybe some gold hardware or something,But to be honest i'm not excactly in love with the sound of it,So if i were to upgrade it i would like atleast a burstbucker maybe.

The Cubists
Don't bother with Gibson pickups, way overpriced for an upgrade. If you know what you want from them there'll be much better (and cheaper) options around.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah but there's sooo many different types of pups
How about some hardware for my les paul?
or maybe some nice pedal or something,Maybe another epiphone?

The Cubists
ok, about 400 dollars i'm guessing., if you'd like a new amp, try a VOX AD50VT, seriously, i have one, and it's is extremely versatile, and has a few effects loaded on, it will honestly make a world of difference between that and an MG, but if you don't want a new amp, you could go to stewmac.com and get new hardware for the SG, and a seymourduncan custom pickup (the name is custom), and a 59' in the neck, that should round out that money great
The other guitar player in my band uses the ad100vt and i love it but my mg and my pedal are excactly what i need/want,Thanks though i know they're great amps!
I dunno about the sg,I mean i have my les paul that nothings gonna look better than (its bootiful) and it sounds fantastic so i'd like somesuggestions about upgrading my les paul,I don't think it needs new pups they sound grand already.

The Cubists
Quote by CommanderCool6
Yeah but there's sooo many different types of pups
How about some hardware for my les paul?
or maybe some nice pedal or something,Maybe another epiphone?

Just keep customizing your les paul...

And take the ac30 >_> or give it to me.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah this might sound strange but i'd like to replace the gold hardware on my lp with gold hardware....
:/ basically the hardware thats on it now is too shiny and the gold hardware that the other guitar payer from my dads band has on his white lp is kind of a matte gold..its probably real gold though ince he payed 3500 for it.
Where would i get good lookign gold hardware? that isnt 24 carat lol

The Cubists
Thanks man,But i heard those trems are bad for les pauls as its not properly supported?
Yeah they have some very nice hardware there too thanks i'll goggle at this for a while.

The Cubists
Trems are bad for anything if it isn't properly supported...

I say go get someone to do it for you.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah,I'd rather not go routing though...I could steal the bigsby off my dad's gretsch :p
I think i'll go with some nice proper lookign gold hardware,and maybe a boss pedal of some sort,Thanks guys!
If oyu would like to hear what my 'horrible, shitty' amp sounds like watch this short video of my band,I'm the one playing the main riff type thingy.

Here(Thanks for watching by the way! muchly apreciated!)

The Cubists