Behringer do have a reputation of poor quality and lack of reliability but having never tried one out for myself I will say that some people swear by them.

For the price that seems very decent and I miss not having a graphical EQ anymore
I have a behringer, it worked fine for about a year and a half and now, it works when it wants to. I really dont recommend them at all, i recommend ashdown, laney, hartke or gallien krueger
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
See what I mean for bad reputation?

Threadstarter, what is your buget?

I suggest buying a £600-£800 head + cab and using it for a good few years rather than buy cheap stuff all the time then upgrading to a £800 rig.

£800 can buy you some decent stuff that will last you a few years.
Quote by Jonnomainman
See what I mean for bad reputation?

Threadstarter, what is your buget?

I suggest buying a £600-£800 head + cab and using it for a good few years rather than buy cheap stuff all the time then upgrading to a £800 rig.

£800 can buy you some decent stuff that will last you a few years.

That's the ideal way to go but unfortunately it is generally not practical for most beginners unless you make a living selling blow.

TS, what's your budget/current bass/favoured genres to play? Behringer amps are of inconsistent (and generally terrible) quality, and if you buy one I will gut you like a fish
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
I have that exact amp...I've had it for a few months and it's held up damn well. Behringer products aren't always so unreliable, but the quality isn't too consistent. One person's amp may last a lifetime, but another's may last a week and burn out. I would recommend going for an Ashdown or Ampeg, but the Behringer should hold up long enough for you to save up the cash if you need it.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.