I am planning on getting a Jackson guitar, and was wondering if any one knew the difference between these three colors:

Black vs. Satin Black vs. transparent Black

It's hard to tell on pictures what the differences are.

From what I gather, the regular black is just a plain glossy black, similar to say the color of a new black car. Am I right? And what about the other two? Is transparent black really transparent?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by northerfan666
I am planning on getting a Jackson guitar, and was wondering if any one knew the difference between these three colors:

Black vs. Satin Black vs. transparent Black

It's hard to tell on pictures what the differences are.

From what I gather, the regular black is just a plain glossy black, similar to say the color of a new black car. Am I right? And what about the other two? Is transparent black really transparent?

Thanks in advance.

Black - shiny kinda black
Satin Black - non-shiny black
Transparent black - a black coating but you can see through and see the wood underneath.. Normally with a flamed maple top - looks the best IMO...
Does the transparent black generally look better than just regular black? Is that why it's more expensive? And does it get fingerprints as easily as regular black?
Quote by northerfan666
Does the transparent black generally look better than just regular black? Is that why it's more expensive? And does it get fingerprints as easily as regular black?

Lower end Jackson transparent black looks like shit imo.