I have an boss me-50 now. How would that work with a tube amp (Fender Blues Junior). I know it will sound different than through a solid state, but will it sound good? Thanks!
i think it sounds fine through a solid state amp. is overdrive the only thing that sounds good through tube? I like SRV, Clapton, Page sounds and my me-50 has overdrive settings and stuff
Quote by zep1975
i think it sounds fine through a solid state amp. is overdrive the only thing that sounds good through tube? I like SRV, Clapton, Page sounds and my me-50 has overdrive settings and stuff

It doesn't really matter what the effect is, as long as it's a multi-fx unit it won't sound very good.
they sound good through a tube amp, its a pretty good sounding pedal in fact, there's alot of haters around here.

there are some really good sounds that can come out of it, specifically the rotary type modulation sound, im not too much of a fan of the distortion sounds, there's only a few that i like. the compressor and reverb stuff is cool, and the tone shaping stuff, like the fat and semi hollow sounds are pretty nice too.

in all its a really fun pedal and it will sound good through prettymuch any amp you run it through.
Quote by Roc8995
I haven't heard an ME-50 sound good under any conditions.

+1
Better off selling it and buy a Ds-1 and maybe some cheap yet playable effects!
I have a ME-50. I used to use it trough a Roland Cube amp but now I was able to get a very old Fender Bassman tube amp. I think it sounds very good, my amp can handle all the distortion and stuff really well. Don't let all these so called 'purists' here scare you, I doubt they'll pass a blind test.
Last edited by Perforator at Mar 5, 2007,
just a question, though. why would you want to model a tube amp when... YOU HAVE A PERFECTLY GOOD TUBE AMP? But normally, not so good
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
You can bypass the modelling section of the ME-50 and only use it for effects. I have no experience how this sounds through a tube amp though, chances are it will still digitalize your tone a fair bit.
oh... cool, i want one then
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
It'll suck tone when off, and digitalise and process your tone when on.
Just buy single pedals, chances are that you won't use much of the FX on the ME-50, and single FX are more tweakable and sound better.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30