hi

i was wondering what is the main bass that justin chancellor from tool and troy sanders from mastodon use. I cant find any info or photos. =|

and btw can anyone provide me info about the warwick corvette std.. is it any good?
coz im planning buying a bass and i dont have any clue about wich bass choose. (i play mainly death/thrash metal)
Justin Chancellor uses Wal basses fairly exclusively. He owns 4, I believe.

Troy Sanders, no clue. Not a Mastodon fan.

And, the review section is your friend!

EDIT: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/bass_guitars/warwick/corvette_standard_5-string_bass/index.html

I'm such a nice guy
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
yeah but.. is the warwick good for metal? wich bass do you recommend for metal?? in the +-600$ price range
Quote by angus_
yeah but.. is the warwick good for metal? wich bass do you recommend for metal?? in the +-600$ price range

To be honest, you can use pretty much any bass for metal, and it will be lost equally well in the mix.

Warwicks are however good for metal, the very thick low mids tend to cut through.

In that price range, it really doesn't matter all that much. Active pups are an asset, and you'll likely want a 5-string. Look into Ibanez, Schecter, and ESP (ugh). Just go to your local music store and play every bass you can get your paws on.

Unless it's my music store. It doesn't need any more metalheads playing roots at 125dB.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Out of my Bass Guitar magazine: Troy uses a Fender Prophecy II, a MIA Jazz, Ibanez SRX700 and a Yamaha RBX something (doesn't say)
thanks for all the replys... i was really helpfull.
so i was researching and i think that the warwick corvette std fits (4string or 5strings i dont know yet.. but maybe 5strings..) since i live in europe they cost 650€ (apox.) and they seem to be an exelent choice.. (i dont know if they come with active or passive pickups but in one way or another i probably will buy different pickups and then ill see what i feel about them)
Quote by angus_
thanks for all the replys... i was really helpfull.
so i was researching and i think that the warwick corvette std fits (4string or 5strings i dont know yet.. but maybe 5strings..) since i live in europe they cost 650€ (apox.) and they seem to be an exelent choice.. (i dont know if they come with active or passive pickups but in one way or another i probably will buy different pickups and then ill see what i feel about them)

Passive pickups, active EQ. There's no reason to replace standard Warwick pickups unless you can get your hands on Bartolinis. And good luck with that.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Justin Chancellor uses Wal basses exclusively now.

Troy Sanders mainly uses a Fender Prophecy II, but he also used a Godlyke Deity on the Blood Mountain album.

Quote by canadianpunk071
To be honest, you can use pretty much any bass for metal, and it will be lost equally well in the mix.

Unless it's my music store. It doesn't need any more metalheads playing roots at 125dB.

Listen to Death, Quo Vadis, Testament, Iron Maiden, to name a few. The bass isn't very buried in the mix. Also, they're not all root notes.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Listen to Death, Quo Vadis, Testament, Iron Maiden, to name a few. The bass isn't very buried in the mix. Also, they're not all root notes.

I was just stereotyping, gimme a break

Although I wouldn't really call Iron Maiden metal
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Id call iron madien good
lol
genres are so gay
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
justin chancellor...no idea.

as far as i know, Troy Sanders has a Fender Prophecy 2, an Ibanez SRX700, a Fender American Standard Jazz, a Micheal Kelly Pheonix acoustic bass, a Yamaha RBX series, and a Godlyke Deity.

warwicks good, i trust anything they make.
Last edited by punk_isntemo12 at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by canadianpunk071
Passive pickups, active EQ. There's no reason to replace standard Warwick pickups unless you can get your hands on Bartolinis. And good luck with that.

Standard Corvettes come in Passive, Passive pups with active preamp, and Active pups + active preamp.

Be sure you know what you're getting, because they are different. Someone recommended me the full blown active version. Tried it, loved it, so I did. Also has an active/passive switch, which is useful both tonally, and for when you forget to replace your dying battery. lol

http://www.basscentre.com/cat/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=29&products_id=314

This should give you an idea of all the features the Standard comes in. oh .. btw is also comes in Swamp Ash. That would be on a different page.
Sanders uses a Godlyke Deity and his main axe is a Fender Prophecy II.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Troy Sanders is currently being built a custom by Sage Guitars.

JC uses Wal, but used to use Music Man.
Quote by Tallman
Troy Sanders is currently being built a custom by Sage Guitars.

JC uses Wal, but used to use Music Man.

Sage basses are sexy.

He probably got a boner when he saw Jeff Caxide's (Isis) Sage when they toured together, and decided to get them to make one.