Does anyone have any experience with Ovation Acoustic?

thnx
Member 1 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club
I've played on 'em, and I'm not huge on their tone. I prefer a solid dreadnought over an ovation with a plasic back.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
I've played on 'em, and I'm not huge on their tone. I prefer a solid dreadnought over an ovation with a plasic back.

I agree.

The plastic back's on them reaally really irk me.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
i wouldnt even put them in the same catagory as acoustic guitars. cuz i actually like acoustic guitars.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
I think they sound like crap tbh, just not a full acoustic sound.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
i tried one once.. the sound was okay and it was good to play on. but it was kind of expensive. not worth the money, a real acoustic is better
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
hehe i madea thread on this thursday i think. ive played my friends n i like it, im considering buying one.
they're good acoustic/electrics, but not good acoustics. The slim back prevents a full projection of sound, and thus makes it quieter. Plus, the back is rounded so that makes it doubly harder to hold.

I own a CS 257, and use it on stage, cause I dont like miking acoustics, and it does fine, but in a normal situation, alvarez makes better acoustics for a cheaper price.

Cheers!
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Big Muff USA Reissue

My myspace. Yeah. I know it sucks.
Quote by leid sepplin
they're good acoustic/electrics, but not good acoustics. The slim back prevents a full projection of sound, and thus makes it quieter. Plus, the back is rounded so that makes it doubly harder to hold.

I own a CS 257, and use it on stage, cause I dont like miking acoustics, and it does fine, but in a normal situation, alvarez makes better acoustics for a cheaper price.

Leid is pretty much spot on. As an acoustic guitar only .. not so good. You'd be better of going with something made by Alvarez, Yamaha, or Takamine. However, plugged in I really like the sound. The backs are a little odd (bowl shaped, kinda) and I normally have to play with a strap on because it slides. My dad has one and if I want an acoustic-y sound but loud I'll plug his in. I guess play it, and then play some "straight" acoustics and see what sound you like better.
I had a go on one before, I hated it but this is all personal opinion, it just didn't give me the urge to want one, and it was horrible looking, the backs of them are oval they looked cheap and plastic tacky, and it kept slipping off my lap because of the shape, there shite guitars IMHO