Alright, my mom says i can get my college laptop early, mostly because i'm sick of my pile of crap recording computer.

So i'm searching, i want some sort of Macbook. Shut up if you hate Apple, i love it, get over yourself. I figure for my videos/pictures/music i'll need a decent sized hard drive, and who doesn't want 30 or 40 gigs spare?

So i figure about an 80 gig hard drive. I'd like a decent amount of RAM, 1 gig i guess. This is where my nerd knowldge runs out, what sort of processor would i want for college? And all that other stuff that is not covered by hard drives and RAM, no clue.

I have no clue what my budget is, so just give me some suggestions.

Mkay?
Its not like Apple gives you THAT much choice in what kind of processor.. The best realistic processor out right now is the Intel Core 2 Duo which comes in the new MacBook Pro's. But, chances are, you won't even need that much power unless you're doing very processor intense processes like HD video editing.. A good video card is also necessary, but as I said, the newer Macs will come standard with everything you need.
dual core processor all the way. why onyl 80 gigs? thast pussy shit, if u buy form MDG you can get a 2gig memory and 1terabyte harddrive upgrade for leika hundred bcusk (comes standard with 1 gig and 500gig harddrive) thsi is on all notebooks
Don't buy the Macbook until Leopard comes out (some time this spring).
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Not much choice in processor, they all come with Core 2 Duos, Macbooks, Macbook Pros and iMacs alike. If you're goint to be doing recording and such, you should get at least the middle model of the Macbook (high end white one). It has the 2.0GHZ core 2 duo, will give you plenty of power, and the "low" end Macbook ($1100) does not have a DVD burner.

The one downside to the Macbooks is that it is an integrated graphics chip, which means the main RAM is shared with Video RAM. So you need at least a gig of RAM. And the middle to high end Macbooks have a 80GB and 120GB HD standard, respectively. The highest end is the black one. which comes with pretty much everything you need.

Hope this helped.
Quote by Uts Feeb
Not much choice in processor, they all come with Core 2 Duos, Macbooks, Macbook Pros and iMacs alike. If you're goint to be doing recording and such, you should get at least the middle model of the Macbook (high end white one). It has the 2.0GHZ core 2 duo, will give you plenty of power, and the "low" end Macbook ($1100) does not have a DVD burner.

The one downside to the Macbooks is that it is an integrated graphics chip, which means the main RAM is shared with Video RAM. So you need at least a gig of RAM. And the middle to high end Macbooks have a 80GB and 120GB HD standard, respectively. The highest end is the black one. which comes with pretty much everything you need.

Hope this helped.

Yeah, that's pretty much what i was thinking, is it possible for me to get the middle/high end macbook with the screen size of a middle/low end macbook pro?
I have a Macbook and I love it. I have the black one and it's pretty cool. I got the Ram upgrade and it runs pretty nicely. I prefer Apple's over Windows now. It has a built in microphone and camera over the monitor that can produce some nice pictures and recordings. it comes with Garage band which is pretty cool but i just downloaded Audacity and go from there. I ahve the 80gb hard drive and have around 4000 songs on my itunes and tons of pictures and still have like 25gb left. That kind of blows but whatever. The Intel Core 2 can run windows as well if you'd like. I wouldn't really recommend it because it makes your machine more susceptible to viruses.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Quote by Uts Feeb

Hope this helped.

The MacBooks all come in a choice of black or white (except the MacBook Pro's which are silver). The colour isn't related to whether it's low end or high end when it comes to the MacBooks.

I have a MacBook, and I have to say, I much prefer it to my PC, I never have any problems with it. When you buy them from the Apple store there isn't a lot of choice in customisation, I just upgraded my RAM to one gig, and I have to say, it runs so quickly.
ESP LTD EX-400
Epiphone Gothic SG
Ibanez V72ECE Electro Acoustic
Squier Strat - Custom Paint Job + Seymour Duncan Pickups
Washburn T14
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-50
I have a Dell Latitude D620 Advanced (top end Dell). Why don't you get that, you can customize it to whatever you like. Mine has a 14.1 TFT (I prefer my laptop the original default size) with Core 2 Duo (2.0 Ghz) with 2 GB Ram and a 160GB hard Disk Drive.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Macbooks all have 13 inch screens. The macbook pros have a 15 and 17 inch screen. Macbooks do not come with anything bigger regarding screen size because then where is the motivation to buy a pro machine? You could look at refurb macbooks/pros and save yourself at least 200 bucks. They are hand inspected and guarantied just like a new ones. However availability is always limited.

RAM= The more the merrier. OS X 10.4 will need at the bare minimum 512mb of RAM to run decently. I would suggest 1 GIG, 2 would be even better as a future investment.

The harddrive size, well you can always buy whatever comes stock and upgrade it later if you feel its too small. Or just buy an external one.

Plain and simple I am really fancying that 17 MBP... not long before I take the plunge and buy one. I am sick of this G4 I have.