I don't know where else this could go, so I'll try in this forum (it didn't fit, i don't think, in any of the instrument ones).

I'm thinking about buying the Korg PadKontrol (here). I want to make, obviously, drum beats and such, but as well as synth sounds and stuff. Would this work? i've watched the video and it seems to be what i want.

Also, i have seen things where you can plug your guitar into it and use the keyboard, a computer, etc to change effects. What could I find that does this?
Don't know about that product. But the Transylberian Orchesta keyboard player uses Korg keyboards
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

its a MIDI controller for drum machines, youll either need a drum module or a drum machine computer program with MIDI I/O on your computer for it to work, but yeah its great for drum programing
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
its a MIDI controller for drum machines, youll either need a drum module or a drum machine computer program with MIDI I/O on your computer for it to work, but yeah its great for drum programing

it comes with some programs i believe...do you have it? how is it for synths do you think?

i was also thinking about getting:

http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=microkontrol&category_id=1

the microKontrol, instead...