i was just wondering if anyone here plays them. i was looking through my drawer for my socks and found a Silver gameboy cartridge. the cover for the game was ripped off so i put it in my old school gameboy color from when i was 11. i really havent touched it since like 5 years ago. it turned out to be nothing but Pokemon Silver.

ive been playing it for 5 hours now on a new game. i forgot how fun this game was, when there was only 250 pokemon of course. i loved when gold and silver came out, but after that they really started to push it with all the new pokemon and i couldnt keep up so i just quit.

this is bringing back a lot of fun childhood memories as im 16 now
Last edited by GOD*OF*ROCK at Mar 4, 2007,
back in the day
there was only 150!
ahhh those were the days
red and blue version
bring it back!
make pokemon kool again
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
i started playing yellow again but now i found a shop that sells the trading cards that easy to steal from so i've started collecting them again, i got 12 packets in 4 days

they've proper ballsed up the pokemon though now, charmander's an electric pokemon now and seadra's a fighting pokemon WTF?!
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
they just kind of killed when they made it where there were 984337 different pokemon... but then you just couldn't catch 'em all...
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
lol, crystal was the best. I think that was the one which went with silver and gold like yellow did with red and blue anyway
its my long train ride/bored in lecture game

if i got time to kill in pop in firered for GBA and just kill time

its hard not to get sucked into the game....its more addictive than heroin when you start
my dad just walked in on me playing pokemon silver and he looked at me like im retarded or something. i guess it IS a bit childish but meh. fun as hell to play. god i wish pokemon would become cool again. they should make an episode where all the pokemon die except 150 of them and they coincidentaly be the first 150, THEN everything pokemon related follows the show. so we can have fun again!

...ugh that'll never happen
at my school the senior class brought back pokemon. we would be in pre-calculus class and about half the class would be playing... And our teacher eventually gave us a lecture over it. Ah what fun... the popularity died off after about a month though
Gary is an asshole... i wanted that Eevee... bastard...
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
I just dug out my gameboy and played some Pokemon blue because of this thread. I raped the elite 4 then turned it off
ONE BADASS SIGNATURE
i can't get any fucking pokeballs... i could have already caught a rattata, nidoran, male i believe, and a pidgey...
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Everyone does. If they say they don't, they're liars.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I just was playing pokemon yellow 5 minutes ago. Best games ever when there was only 150 pokemon.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
emerald was good, but they just tried to cram to much into it. the best was silver or yellow (the little pickachu was so cute!!!) after that it just went to hell. all these game designers just seem to think that more pokemon the better but really, i liked it better as 150 or 250. any more just sucked. silver, gold and crystal had great story lines, along with yellow, red and blue. i dont think they'll ever be able to make another pokemon RPG game that tops those.
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
Quote by cherginator
I just dug out my gameboy and played some Pokemon blue because of this thread. I raped the elite 4 then turned it off

LOL @ this thread, makes me wish i was in 1st grade again so i could start it all over lol. I put SOOO many hours on these games. Never into the cards too much, just the games.
Fender CD-110E Acoustic Electric
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Digitech Df-7 Distortion Factory
Quote by Fire Hawk
emerald was good, but they just tried to cram to much into it. the best was silver or yellow (the little pickachu was so cute!!!) after that it just went to hell. all these game designers just seem to think that more pokemon the better but really, i liked it better as 150 or 250. any more just sucked. silver, gold and crystal had great story lines, along with yellow, red and blue. i dont think they'll ever be able to make another pokemon RPG game that tops those.

i dont understand WHY they didnt just make more kickass story lines. like the same game but different way of playing it. then after like 3 years when everyone got bored of the 250 they come out with ruby and all. they just sped it up too quickly.
Hey, I wanted to play some pokemon Silver (ahh, childhood...) and I tried to save the file I had started, only to find no "continue" option at the start screen the next time I played.

Does anyone know how to save a file, because I'm obviously a dumbass.
Nikolas
haha yea.. funny how you mention it, cuz i had a party on the weekend and there were like 30 or so friends at my house drinkin and havin a good time, but my one friend just pulled out a gameboy and played pokemon blue and got the whole party reminiscing of their pokemon days.
Not super-recently, but more recent than I'd like to admit. Crystal was kickass. Still is.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Pokemon rules!

I think I have Gold somewhere, or lent it to some kid. That game was one of the best, but I'm addicted to the running shoes...
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
Hey, I wanted to play some pokemon Silver (ahh, childhood...) and I tried to save the file I had started, only to find no "continue" option at the start screen the next time I played.

Does anyone know how to save a file, because I'm obviously a dumbass.
I think something in the cartridge is busted or something. Same thing happened to my Blue.
The game was bloody good in terms of concept, if you look beyond the cheesyness of the whole thing you've got a pretty addictive and engaging game there.

Although they over did it in the end and made more and more new Pokemon, besides, it was at a similar time that I grew out of the whole fad. Looking back I'm still amazed how much I loved the program when I was younger as on reflection it was total dross.

The game is still good for nostalgia value. I remember I had a couple of mates who lived close by who had the Red version (I had blue). We all decided to start at the same time although before we started 'officially' we'd trade each others starting Pokemon meaning that we all had the starting three Pokemon...took time but it made for some wasted afternoons spent having fights and trading till we finally "caught them all". Even managed to get Mew and learnt how to 'clone' Pokemon whilst trading. Forget exactly how I did it now it was something to do with turning off one of the gameboys at a certain point whilst you were trading. One of them was slightly ahead of the other in the process (they weren't perfectly simultaneous) meaning that if one was switched off at a certain point it'd be as though one of you hadn't actually traded whilst the other had...meaning you had two Pokemon...magic...

Ah...the young, carefree days of youth. Always hated Digimon though...that was always terrible.
Oh snap, im gonna go get my GB color and pop in pokemon blue right now!
Man, I remember sellin the cards and makin like $260 off em.
Pokemon rocks FTW. I even have Pokemon ruby which means i have no life whatsoever, but it doesnt matter cuz my my Jolteon lets me deal out UBER POWNAGE. sad thing is im serious.