ok
i was at gc and i was playing a gibson faded les paul double cutaway . It played great and all frets were easily accesed. tone was pretty good too. problem is it seems like it wouldnt stand up to too much abuse. the finish is almost nonexistent and with out a bolt on neck any problems with the neck cracking, breaking etc are difficult to fix.
i am also considering a strat- probably an american standard
problem is the higher frets are not as easily reached with the strat.

im also open to other suggestions
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Faded-Double-Cutaway-Electric-Guitar?sku=517512
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510590
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Out of the two I'd get the American Strat for sure. The Double Cuts are pretty nice guitars but they don't have the feel of the Strat. I think the Strat is just a case of "more for your money".
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
go with the strat. itll be easier down the road with upkeep and repairs
i guess
but why cant fender taper the neck instead of the big block joint?
so annoying
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
hmmm
ok
any other good options to look at
too bad they dont make a strat with a bucker in the bridge a p90 in the middle and a single coil in the neck position
Quote by beeboshain
Quote by libskate44
hmmm
ok
any other good options to look at
too bad they dont make a strat with a bucker in the bridge a p90 in the middle and a single coil in the neck position

That'd be one crazy guitar...but you know, theres nothing to stop you buying one and doing that...

Maybe buy a Japanese one or something and mod it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Hey, I got your PM so here's some stuff

As far as durability goes it is about the same as any other Gibson, you've just gotta be careful with the headstock because they tend to snap rather easily. One thing to look out for is the pickup mounting. Some of ones that I played had pickups that were literally falling out of the body because the metal anchor things that the screws are inserted into had stripped the wood.
The finish wears away very easily, which would be a good thing if you were going for a relic look but it sounds like you want something that will stay new looking and fadeds won't do that. Here are some pics of mine after about 3 months of playing and sweating:

^this is where my arm rubs when I play

^that is where my strap rubs against the body
If you wiped your guitar religiously and took really good care of it then I expect that it wouldn't look like that but eventually it will look really worn.

p-90 are just beefier than regular single coils and tend to have more of a midrange sound.

And I'd say that the lp and the strat are equally suited to blues, it just depends on your personal preference.

You're just going to have to pick whichever felt best to you. It sounds like you found one of the good fadeds so it would be a good buy, but strats are great too.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by akm1020
go with the strat. itll be easier down the road with upkeep and repairs

If that were the case, nobody would buy the Paul, and everyone would own a strat. I cant see you having any problems with the neck, bolt on or otherwise, unless you are a careless jackass with it.
^true but what i was saying is that from what ive heard strats are just generally the most durable long lasting guitars
Quote by beeboshain