I know how lame this is to do this on a guitar forum but I have tried everything and nothing has worked. I know most of the people on this site are teenagers and I was hoping maybe somebody could give me some help, because at the moment, Im seriously contemplating suicide. I know there are a bunch of people that arent going to take this seriously at all... but please, if anybody could offer any advice, Id appreciate it. Here's the story.

Im a 16 year old teenager and at the moment I feel like I have nothing. 16 days ago, I spotted my girlfriend trying to get some other guys number, and all throughout the night she flirted with other guys. So I talked to her about it, and broke up with her. However, she called me later, crying, and asked me to please give her a second chance. So I did, because I love her, and really wanted things to work out.

Exactly one week later, she called me right before we both headed off for a weekend religious retreat (that we were both working). She told me she wanted a "break", and I told her "breaks dont work, please, lets try to work this out later" At the retreat, she ignored me, and started flirting with this guy named Ryan. I talked to her later that night, and she said they were just friends. The next day, I came to the retreat, and a few hours later, my friend showed me his cell phone. He had pictures of my girlfriend (her name is Alex) laying on Ryan with his arm around her. I talked to her about it, and said "this isnt gonna work out if you keep doing this" She told me she didnt want a boyfriend at the moment, and I told her "please Alex, lets forget about this and work on it after the retreat is done."

And so later, while we were all in the chapel, I noticed her again flirting with Ryan a lot. So I took her aside once again, and asked her if she liked him "No, we're just friends, dont listen to what other people are saying" So I followed her and Ryan around for a little bit, and she told me to leave, so I did, heartbroken. Less than an hour later, I walked in on them holding hands alone, with her head on his shoulder. So, I got mad, and yelled at her. She told me "We're done. I like Ryan, and you need to get over me" So I went home. I told my dad and mom what happened, and my dad got mad at me for taking her back into my life the previous week. So he started yelling at me. Then punching me. He called me worthless, spit on me, and told me he'd kill me. And my mom just watched. I asked her to help, and she just shook her head.

So that night, I realized I had nothing. My girlfriend cheated on me at a religious retreat, and my family hates me. So I took about 30 pills, and immediately regretted it. I tried to get up to tell my parents what Id done, but I was so messed up that I tripped and blacked out, thinking I was going to die.

However, I didnt die, and I spent all of Sunday in my room crying. The next day, while my parents thought I was at school, I went to my youth group leaders house (who ran the religious retreat) He listened to me, and had me talk with some people about my dad, and it was recommended that I file a police report. I called my mom to let her know what was going on, and she came and picked me up. I talked with my mom and dad, and confessed to trying to commit suicide. Nothing got better after the conversation, but they took me to the hospital, to make sure my kidneys and liver werent going to fail. I got discharged from the hospital, and talked to the social worker there, and it didnt make me feel any better.

I talked to my ex-girlfriend on the phone that night, and I told her everything. She told me "thats not my fault" "im over you" and "get past me". The problem with getting past her is I cant. I loved her, and wanted her to be happy. Now she is seeing this other guy, and I cant do anything about it. I see her everyday at school, and have 2 classes with her. She goes out of her way to talk about Ryan right in front of me. She even went so far as to bring Ryan to the school basketball game, where she flirted with him less than 10 feet away from me. And I saw the way she treated him, and she treated him better than she had ever treated me. While we were going out, she wasnt very nice to me, but I still loved her. And now she just makes me feel like shit. My relationship with my parents is alright at the moment, but I still feel like I have nothing.

Ive talked to 6 different counselors in the past week, and none of them have been able to do anything. Ive told some of my closest friends the story, and they dont really seem to care and tell me to just get over my ex girlfriend. But I cant. Im so depressed now I cant even shave. And I also found out the my ex girlfriend told her parents that I broke up with her and broke her heart, and that Ryan was there to comfort her. Which isnt true at all. So now her parents (who really liked me) hate me, and Im worried theyre going to repeat that story to other parents to ruin my reputation. I want to call them to let them know the truth, but Im not sure if thats a good idea. I also realize that my ex girlfriend, whom I dated for months, never actually liked me. She lied to me throughout our relationship, and still is lying. And I dont get why she gets to be happy with another guy, while Im miserable.

I have nothing right now. My parents tell me to quit feeling sorry for myself, counselors cant do anything, and my friends dont even beleive me and just joke around and tell me to get over my ex. My ex girlfriend has broken my heart, and is continuing to try to make me miserable by showing how happy she is with another guy. I hate myself right now. Im class president, captain of the swim team, have a 3.75 GPA, a ton of friends, and I hate myself. I have nothing. Nothing matters. Ive made the decision that if nothing happens within the next 8 hours, Im going to go to the lake tonight and drown myself (since the pills were ineffective) Im out of options, and this is a last ditch effort. Please Please I dont want to kill myself, but it seems like the only option. Please Help ASAP.

PS. If you want to email me, email me at FakeIdentity1337@yahoo.com
Obviously not my real email address, but any advice would mean the world to me. Thanks in advance.
hey, all can I say is that IVE been in much worse sitituations and im only 14. Just get over the fact that your life sucks NOW, but it wont forever. The only way it will suck forever is if you go through with it, and trust me, ive tried.
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
I know things have been going really badly for you for a while now, and suicide may seem like the only thing to do, but i suggest that you follow your own suggestions by calling your ex's parents and talking to them. It might help a bit. Also, think about those close to you and how they'll react to your suicide, your friends and family. They all love you, even if it seems they don't, and i would press charges against your dad. I would take some time to cool off, maybe stay at a close friends house for a while. No matter what, things will get better, even if it takes months.

Sorry if this doesn't help. Please keep living
I'm afraid that after I fall asleep, the man who lives under my bed will poke my with his long yellow nails. His smile scares me.

*Died in the battle against AssRammer123*
dude..not cool. first of all, its just a chick, and youre young. don't worry about it. if your dad beat you over that, ****ing call a kids help phone or something. don't commit suicide. it just hurts everyone else around you dude. its only a girl, whether you love her or not. emotions are pretty ****ed when you are the age you are. don't worry about it, just chill. talk to a support group or maybe your parish group ok?
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Dude... Listen to yourself... You say you have nothing, but you say "Im class president, captain of the swim team, have a 3.75 GPA, a ton of friends." . You say you have nothing but thats obviously something. As well, yeah, I can see you loved her, but it just wont, and never will work out. Shit sucks, i had the same thing happen to me, but ya know what? with time, shit gets better. Killing yourself will accomplish NOTHING but making other people misrable. Plus, YOUR 16!!!! If you have "nothing" right now, its cause you've only been around a short time. Life is a real bitch sometimes but you gotta stick it through. If everyone just ended it the second life got rough, we'd all be dead. Think about it, its not worth your life over someone else.
Obviously a case of a guy who doesn't see what's right in front of his eyes. A broken heart is better than having no heart at all. You know a lot of people would kill to have a 3.75 average.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Mar 4, 2007,
Now, the last thing I want to look like at the moment is an uncaring little bastard, but I've seen this a lot with my friends, and a few friends of mine have commited suicide. By telling us this, in my experience, it's unlikely you will. The friends of mine who did kill themselves, no-one had an inkling about it until it after it happened. My friends who did send texts and phone calls didn't. By writing all this, you're showing (to me at least) you just need some help, someone to talk to. I'll PM you my MSN addy if you wanna talk, I'll lend you an ear and advice without you having to sift through the countless retards who'll pick on this thread.
Hey man, relax a bit. Turn on some music, that kind of stuff happens all the time. Your ex cheated on you. Dont blow it out of porportion (Hope i said that right). Dont take any more pills. Dont drown yourself. I will try to make my thoughts as clear as possible as im typing this.

If your parents beat up on you, try to figure out why they are doing that and not "punishing" you in a different way. Talk to them about it, and be sure to keep your cool. If you cant stop them from beating up on you, then spend some time with a relative until everything clears or something can be done.

Your 16, i assume your ex is 16 too. If you truly love her, let her see some other guys. You guys are still young, keep that in mind. She will get bored with other guys and come back to you, that is, if you play your cards right. Try and figure out what they do for her that you aren't.

Dont kill yourself, figure out how to get through it. Trust me, it will pay off in the end. The social workers or councelling wont help, i know. I assume you play guitar or an instrument, go to your instrument of choice and let it all out. If you wanna talk to me more about it, PM me, and if you want you can PM me and i can give you my AIM screename. I'm happy to help.

Best of luck and hang in there man
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Last edited by 812many at Mar 4, 2007,
Tbh, you are young and your life is in front of you. If you do kill yourself you will never know wether the day after you did it, if you hadn't, you might meet the most amazing person, or suddenly feel better. I suggest you set yourself targets, say you wont kill yourself for a year, then you will review your situation and see how you feel. You're talking about ending your life.... suffering a bit longer to make sure it's the right choice isnt too much to ask, right?
Depression is serious business. See, what some people fail to understand is that no matter how good your life may seem, and no matter how small your problems are, you can still be depressed. You don't know what's wrong, and all you want to do is be happy, but nothing seems to work. I've been there, I am there, don't kill yourself. I understand completely man, and I feel for you. Don't do it. Find something that makes you happy, anything. Search for it until you find it. Music is my thing. I can't tell you the relief I get from just releasing all of my frustration and hoplessness into a song. Find that one thing that makes you happy. Don't kill yourself. There are people out there who get it, and wouldn't want to see someone die like that. You have time. I have empathy for you man, I really do. A lot of people would read this and feel for you. There are a lot of people feeling just like you do, and from the bottom of my heart I ask you not to take your life. Don't do it man, it just won't help.

Peace, Love, Empathy.
It's a process, not an event.
your 16... your life isnt worthless, a 16 year old hasnt lived enough to even make such a bold statement...

snap out of the depressed teenager schitk, you describe this girl to be a bitch anyway, every bloody teenager gets dumped, imagine if there was a suicide for every dumped kid, we'd have noone left...

and frankly if theres anything you should be worried about its your Dad

Its a bit lame and fair enough your heads in a silly place, but give it a year and you'll look back to this and know exactly what I mean
Quote by Do Re Mi
Depression is serious business. See, what some people fail to understand is that no matter how good your life may seem, and no matter how small your problems are, you can still be depressed. You don't know what's wrong, and all you want to do is be happy, but nothing seems to work. I've been there, I am there, don't kill yourself. I understand completely man, and I feel for you. Don't do it. Find something that makes you happy, anything. Search for it until you find it. Music is my thing. I can't tell you the relief I get from just releasing all of my frustration and hoplessness into a song. Find that one thing that makes you happy. Don't kill yourself. There are people out there who get it, and wouldn't want to see someone die like that. You have time. I have empathy for you man, I really do. A lot of people would read this and feel for you. There are a lot of people feeling just like you do, and from the bottom of my heart I ask you not to take your life. Don't do it man, it just won't help.

Peace, Love, Empathy.

wow, you must really love Nirvana.

"Peace, Love, Empathy"

Straight from his suicide letter, if i'm correct.
F.U.B.A.R.
you play guitar right?

Do you have a band? Or any friends who also play music and you could crash round their house tonight and just play songs...

If you managed to write a song by the end of the night... I bet it would shine some light into your heart.
Originally posted by guitarkid27
RobbieMac2002 gives good advice.
You see, you can say that about depression (that it affects everyone, no matter how good your life is) but the thing is, people with depression don't realise that it's the truth. While we fail, "to see that depression affects everyone, no matter how good your life is", you fail to see what's in front of your eyes.

Threadstarter, you had a girlfriend. Some people grow lonely and die loney without every having a girlfriend at all. You've accomplished what people can never do in a lifetime. The part about your dad punching you, that's not your fault. You have every reason to be angry and upset but is it worth taking your life because of it? By taking your life, you're being selfish. Lots of people would hate to see you go, no matter what you say: if you killed yourself, well you're letting everyone down because of some stupid fluctuation with your emotions. It happens kid, you're still a teen. You've got to stop feeling sorry for yourself and that's the truth. You have a bunch of friends mate. Some people, including myself have real difficulty making friends, at least you have a ton.

What's more, you're a clever kid. A 3.75 average is great, beyond great actually. You could be a top class lawyer or doctor. Why beat yourself down over some small impracticality? Wake up and smell the air. You've got a good future coming over towards you and the way you're going, you can just blow it off - all for a fucking girl. Being in a relationship is hard. You're young and obviously you think you've got it worse. Try being 30 years old and having to balance relationships with a prospective future on the line. Life is about complications. What you have at this early stage is nothing.

To end, if you want to take your life, then do so. It's not my decision. If you want my opinion, I think you're a weak idiot person who can't take life. Being an adult is far harder, so if you can't take whatever is your burden now - you've got no chance. If you want to change things, you can. I can't make you do that, your parents can't make you do that and your counsellor sure as hell can't make you do that. Only you can, so grow the fuck up.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Mar 4, 2007,
Your situation really sucks and i know how it feels when you see no way out but suicide but, you need to really think it out. What will killing yourself really do. It will end the pain but it ends everything also. Why do you want to kill yourself, to stop the pain, to show that people should have treated you better, to prove to your friends that you felt like shit and needed them, etc....

You should just be strong and fight the temptation. When you kill yourself it does absolutely nothing to help the situation, it makes it worse. Everyone that treated you like shit will feel like they caused your death. And i mean everyone. If someone that i hated and i said i hope you die died i would feel like complete shit for a long time. Do you want to make everyone feel bad. I'm sure you don't because you just want to feel better.

I think you need to do something to keep your mind off of this. You should write music/poetry, help people, volunteer, anything that will make you feel better. What is something that has always made you feel great. For me I love to talk to people about their problems and help them, and when i do help them its the best feeling for me.

Also you should remember that none of this is your fault, you didn't cause your ex to be a jerk that is who she is. Suicide will not solve any of these problems it will just make it so you cant ever experience any good ever again.

I really hope you feel better and not choose suicide.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Hey, um... no response, no private messages... is this kid still alive?
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
No one deserves to die until that of old age, or illness. But just dont do it think of the others around you. Its a little selfish dont you think. When my uncle killed himself, my aunt got depressed and murdered her brother no relation to me and then killed herself so its a quite a losss to everyone and u just release ur pain on them. Just remember your parents always love u no matter what
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Honestly, your Ex seems like a complete bitch when you were with her and even more so now. I know its hard to get over a girl you've loved but seriously, life goes on. And that is what you should do. You should not kill yourself. Especially not drowning. Its one of the worst ways to die.
Just think about the consturctive things people have said in this thread.
(looking at the start date of this thread, i really hope you havent drowned yourself)
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Just hang in there you never know what the future brings... go to church and become a christian, it has saved many in your position.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
first of all, dont kill your self. relax, chill out. listen to REM - everybody hurts. i know its tough for you rite now but just try to take things slowly. you're religious rite? i bet u noe the concequences if u commit suicide. -so dont. forget about your ex. she'll feel the pain later on in life.

-dont waste your life, enjoy it-
Suicide is not the answer at 16 you have literally 50 years (unless something happens)
ahead of you. If it is a religious retreat what faith (christian, Musilm) Suicide is a sin in Christianity and there will be other girls just don't do anything that will upset your parents. Think of who else it affects!!
NEW IDEA go mosh out in your room to my own summer by deftones, or some equally heavy psyckout (sp?) tune. then if your still mad then learn to flick that little switch in your brain that makes people turn evil, and plot your revenge...
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Dude, your ex is a bitch-slut-*****-asshole-backstabber-cheater-bitch-liar. So tell her that. And your dad really did that to you? Shit..... Oh and tell her parents your side of the story, not that they will believe you over her, but just tell them anyway to give them a little more perspective on the situation.

And dude, the only way to get out of this crushing depression is to get over her. And don't kill yourself, seriously, that doesn't work. Your parents will be ridiculed by everybody your ex's parents have told. But I have to confess, I'd be dead if I was in your position right now. And seriously.... don't kill yourself!
At the moment your life suck, but it gets better with time.

As a teenager everything is more extreme, both the good and the bad sides of life.
Just stop thinking about her, she is a stupid manipulative bitch.

Talk to your 'best' friend and just tell him that you need his support.
You'll get over this.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Sorry guy. First off. Forget about the girl. Yes you might have very strong feelings for her but she does not share the same feelings for you and in all honesty she even played with you a little. Do you want to be with someone who does not respect you enough to treat you with basic decency? No. Not that I advocate it in the long term, skip the classes that you have with her for a week or two to ease the pain. Maybe even tell your teacher or principal that you want to be excused from those classes for a little to let your heart heal a little. They might actually be understanding and provide some good advise on how to cope. She is being very immature and rude by mentioning this Ryan guy in front of you; possibly doing so to purposely hurt you.

As for your family; I do not know but you are not alone as you mentioned that you spoke to a group leader who was involved in the retreat. You have a great resource in the religious community available to you and I suggest that you make use of it. Talk to a priest, group leader, or friend in the church to get some input and to just let it out. Talking to your friends might not be so great because you are talking about a very serious subject and sometimes people feel uncomfortable talking about serious issues, especially 16 year old boys similar to your friends.

You need to evaluate how to deal with your family based on whether you think they value you and give you the support you need. Being spat on does not sound like suppport to me. Only advise being given regarding families is possibly distance yourself from them emotionally for a little while but do not give up on them being there in the future. Families are touchy subjects and things can change from bad to good over time. Keep trying to keep them aware of what is happening even if they are not being as helpful as they could be.

Do you have anything to live for; ya. You have tonnes of stuff to live for. Remind yourself of music that comforts you, a loved pet, friends from the present or past, sports that you enjoy, movies that made you laugh your asS off among other things. You are a young man who has hit a rough patch. It is hard and I cannot fully understand what you are going through but I know that you will make it. Just hang on; you'll be fine and find people who truly care for and respect you. There are lots of good people and things in the world.
Last edited by TwistedLogic at Mar 5, 2007,
Quote by 812many
Hey, um... no response, no private messages... is this kid still alive?

Yeah earlier today was his last login date.

And see, pit-people can give advice!
You have to be in the right mind-set to be helped. Before you decide to end your life, which is a very permanant decision, really consider your life. I doubt it's as bad as it seems right now. If you don't actually want to be helped then there's not much anyone can do. You have to make the first step.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Im class president, captain of the swim team, have a 3.75 GPA, a ton of friends, and I hate myself. I have nothing

au contraire, you have a lot more than nothing

there are people in the world who dont have what you have, everyone gets depressed from time to time, stop thinking about what you dont have and think about what youve already got.
Suicide is absolutely the easiest way out.

The problem with councillors is that they never tell you the truth. The say what is ethically and morally correct.

That girl is a slut. She cheated on you and played you for a sucker. Forget her, hope she gets herpes and makes a mess of her life.

You got fuggered by some nasty *****. Get over her. How is she worth it? How can you love someone who is like that? If you think about it, you're better off without her.

Chin up, as someone else said, you've got a lot going for you. Your life doesn't suck, and my own opinion is that suicide is the cowards way out. The way you'll prove yourself is by bouncing back and being a success. No-one remembers the guy who topped himself. Everyone remembers the guy that was worth remembering.
I want the orignal poster to reply, if anything just to know if he feels any better or has found some support.
that is the stupidest gf you will probably ever have....i understand you love her and all, and i understand its hard to get past her....but open your eyes up to better girls....they are out there! As for your parents...theyre stupid as well....i cant be of much help, but that gf....the best thing for you to do is realize what a bitch she is and get an honest respectable girl.

dont kill yourself....its not worth it. If i was in your position, i would consider the same thing....but dont kill yourself...not cool
i hope you sort it out threadstarter, you have a lot going for you, don't screw it up over a girl who isn't worth the time, your dad hitting you is just plain wrong when he should be supporting you. You should probrably try and take some time to get away from it all, it will help you relax and feel calmer.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)