ok, i have bluetooth on my phone and a bluetooth adapter for my comp, and i made some mp3 ringtones (which are compatible in my phone, an enV) and successfullly connected with the phone to the computer and when i tried to send them, it said it wouldnt accept that file type, even though i have some other mp3s in the phone (as music, not tones, and transferred on a mem stick)

what the hell? help?
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

im not left handed i just have a mac btw.

Quote by NaivexLi
Yes...I named my penis Darth Vader.
I don't actually think you can send tones.

My dad bought a tone (Wish You Were Here, as a matter of fact) and then tried to send me the file via bluetooth to my phone. Everything went well, up until the file transfer would finish. It said "transfer complete" on my father's phone but it for some reason canceled the transfer on mine. Go figure.
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
With cell phones you got 2 things to get around

1.)Permission
2.)Encoding rate

I make mp3 ringtones out of a lot of the songs I write, and it took me forever to get my phone to play them.

There is a little bit encoding for bought and downloaded ringtones. It`s called the "permission flag." On my phone (Japanese) it`s called "Rights Info." Basically, then a song is created for sale by companies they don't sell you the right to copy the song (much like buying a CD) and check this flag. What it means is that you can't transfer the file. I have not figured a way around that, nor have I really tried because I never download bought ringtones. I just convert MP3s to my phone. I'm sure if you researched enough on the internet you can though. Technically it is piracy, so you may not want to do it. Since your phone is in constant connection with your phone provider, who knows what kind of information it sends back and forth without you knowing it

Number 2 is the encoding rate. All files have an encoding rate. THe most common encoding rate on mp3s is (i think) 128. Maybe 96. I cant remember. Either way, most cell phones will only accept ONE encoding rate for their music files. MP3s encoded at a higher rate will never work, and lower rates will sometimes work.
"Is that the fucking bible?"

"That's Holy Fucking Bible to you"