What does everyone think of (who i believe) are Britains CURRENT greatest rock band, Lostprophets. They dont fit in any label, they do their own thing. Yes they look a bit gay 90% of the time but who gives a shit when they make awesome music? They started with the whole kinda nu-metal thing, mixing downtuned guitars with jazzy bits and DJing blah blah, moved on to make some great anthemic rock stuff with eric Valentine, and recently released a great pop-rock record. They now plan to make a darker, punkier album along the lines of At The Drive In, so they say. Its great that a band are currently evolving and making different styles of music. They have been described as emo, which is lazy and pathetic. Their musicianship is improving too, with a few more guitar solos coming on the next album. They are hardly gonna step up to the level of John Petrucci, but give them some credit. Most current mainstream rock bands like Kaizer Chiefs make lame ass tin can shit...anyways, opinions on Wale's greatest export since Mr Jones please....!
OMG they totally pwn everyone!!!!!!!!!

except for green day...... green day pwn everyone and lost prophets.

liberation transmission was an awsome album. i live in AUS and no ones heard of lost prophets and when they ask me who they are im like "wtf? are you insane?!" lol
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
You said, "current" and "rock". Therefore they must be in the Modern Rock forum. You have just defined their label.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Mate, there's a forum for them: it's called Pop-Punk & Emo
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Terrible. Just ****ing terrible.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by Yakult

justify your statement (if you can), please.
Quote by Yakult

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA. Wrong, no way in hell are they pop punk and emo. You can't be even more off than you already are.

Anyways, this is my favorite band. Sooooo good. Though, there is a forum for them in the nu-metal and also and old one that used to be in here.

"For Us, For Them, For You"
Quote by aebers79
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA. Wrong, no way in hell are they pop punk and emo. You can't be even more off than you already are.

Anyways, this is my favorite band. Sooooo good. Though, there is a forum for them in the nu-metal and also and old one that used to be in here.

ah i didnt use the search thing, oops.

you have great taste btw.
Just to stay on topic, I prefer Lostprophets' "Fake Sound Of Progress" album more than the others. Their current stuff is just plain shit. I don't believe they're emo though (to Yakult).
LOL
Quote by regattadeblanc
they do their own thing.

Yup.

Their thing is copying the trend.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
they're ok, not great, whoa, just listened to the album a friend gave me, i changed my mind, they suck, it totally lacks emotion, there is no sense of music, it seems like they're one of those bands who just try to be popular, and be as loud as possible.
LOST PROPHETS ROCK! i love their lyrics. very meaningful

shame about the LAME solo in cant catch tomorrow!!!

but theyre still ace

Metallica > Lost prophets.
This is my Myspace
Quote by Pink_blood
you know shoes are a very serious matter.
Hitler couldn't have invaded Poland without shoes. Yeah you think about that!

Quote by Metallica708

Oh my god.
I knew I had a long lost brother
Last edited by Metallica798 at Mar 6, 2007,
Their new album is them following the emo/pop/punk w/e trend but their previous ones I foudn inovative. I especially like we are godzilla you are japan

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by philjay
Their new album is them following the emo/pop/punk w/e trend but their previous ones I foudn inovative. I especially like we are godzilla you are japan

Well, their new album is slightly pop, and obviously that didn't get them any more airplay on the radio. I kinda agree with what you said, though their new album (Liberation Transmission) is nothing to do with punk.

Though they did say their next album (supposedly coming out Christmas time this year) is supposed to have a "punk" vibe and its supposed to be "heavier shit"
Quote by philjay

Off- topic, dude when I was a horny/curious 10-12 year old searching newgrounds for hentai , your avatar gave my computer soo many viruses, thanks for the memories
Quote by duncang
Yup.

Their thing is copying the trend.

Leave it to duncan to say something I was afraid to say.
LOL
Explain myself? They fall under the (rather large) pop-punk & emo umbrella, sorry if that upsets people

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet though. I like them, so do you, so who cares what genre they're in.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Mar 6, 2007,
Quote by Yakult
Explain myself? They fall under the (rather large) pop-punk & emo umbrella, sorry if that upsets people

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet though. I like them, so do you, so who cares what genre they're in.

But they're in absolutely now way Pop Punk. I can understand where you might get emo, but not pop punk. Then If you listen to the first two cd's, you can't even argue that they're emo.

Anyways...
I would say their newest album is not their best but it's still good music (everyday combat rocks!) I love this idea of re-introducing the metal aspect in their next album since their screamist in fakesoundofprogress is class.
Now two random lostprophets things-
1.thier name is spelt lostprophets (so get it right)
2. here's a random edit of the band I did...(don't ask it just cracks me up)
Attachments:
lostprophets tedit.jpg
Watch as the world falls around me or is it me who has fallen from the world
I f***ing love them. I have all of their albums. They have a good mix between their tempo and vocals. I can't stop listening to a song on their latest album, Liberation Transmission, the song... Broken Hearts, Torn up letters, and the story of a lonley girl"... almost sounds like a Fall out boy title.
I won't say much about the band because I haven't listened to them THAT much. I'll agree with Yakult, they do fit more into the type of bands that are discussed in PP&E even if they're not (most bands in there aren't actually). I really don't get the fuss though. Didn't they release that single "Rooftops" or something like that? No offense to the fans but that was god awful IMO. The lyrics were so unbelievably corny and lacking substance that not even the mildly catchy riff could save it for me.
eh i never really listened to them. maybe heard one song. there alright i guess.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by Fire Hawk
OMG they totally pwn everyone!!!!!!!!!

except for green day...... green day pwn everyone and lost prophets.

liberation transmission was an awsome album. i live in AUS and no ones heard of lost prophets and when they ask me who they are im like "wtf? are you insane?!" lol

I live in Australia and most people i know know of them.

I think their second album was the best, first and third are pretty equal, cant wait for their new heavier shit.

I would hate to think of them as emo.
Awesome band ;D

Liked Start Something a little more than Liberation Transmission tho
they used to be good, then got in with the emo craze to get some money
Quote by tomwm1

horse ****

favorite song would probably be: A Million Miles or Last Summer
Quote by tomwm1

+1
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
i think theyre pretty great. newest album a little too pop-ish in some parts though...

and whats wrong w/ emo?
Quote by carissica
i think theyre pretty great. newest album a little too pop-ish in some parts though...

and whats wrong w/ emo?

What's wrong with emo? It's entirely unoriginal. IMO, emo is more of a spectacle than an actual genre.
LOL
which lostprophets do not fall under. Ever heard of The Fake Sound of Progress or Start Something?

and if your going to say their last album was, well there next one isn't. go look at the videos i posted earlier
Quote by aebers79
which lostprophets do not fall under. Ever heard of The Fake Sound of Progress or Start Something?

and if your going to say their last album was, well there next one isn't. go look at the videos i posted earlier

When did I say they were? He asked what was wrong with emo and I told him. I will admit the Lostprophets aren't directly emo, but they're trendy as hell. Fact.
LOL
dude they are awsome! lost prophets them band....
curently composes with Guitar Pro 5. amazing peace of software. i'd recomend it. and Samplitude recording studio.

myspace.com/somethingstarted
Wahey lostprophets- love Start Something and Liberation Transmission so much

For those debating the genre of Lostprophets...who gives a flying emo? As long as they make good music, genres and sub-groupings shouldn't matter...am I right?
Simon

You look just your mother...

You look just like your father...

Forgive him our father...

Your Son is smiling...
Last edited by yourmumsanemo! at Jul 1, 2007,
I have just discovered who f***ing incredible Start Something really is. My fave tracks on there are now 'I Don't Know', 'Start Something' and 'A Million Miles'
Simon

Your Son is smiling...
Quote by DownInAHole.
Just to stay on topic, I prefer Lostprophets' "Fake Sound Of Progress" album more than the others. Their current stuff is just plain ****. I don't believe they're emo though (to Yakult).

I agree with u 100% that was a great album and then the band just seemed to go in the downhill direction to me.
The most talented man on earth...
Hmm that's odd, I thought FSOP was their worst album. True, the songs Fake Sound Of Prog, and Shinobi are A-MAZING, but no other song on the album pwns It's a great first effort by them though.
Simon

Your Son is smiling...