Well, I recently installed (by a torrent cause I'm cheap) Worms Armageddon after not playing it for about 3 years. Ahh the memories of whooping my friends ass in it...

But in order to play online you need to have a patch...so I installed the patch but apparently one of the improvements of it is that now you have to have the cd to play it, so there goes my plan of free playing online.

Well, I'm guessing that there must be a way to install the files I have now and burn them to a disk and then when I put the cd in, the game will think it's the original cd. Well I tried using my XP to write the files to the disk with a CD-R but it says that there isn't any CD in.

Can anybody help?

(I'm actually getting annoyed and might just end up buying the damn thing. But it doesn't really seem worth it for a cheap 7 year old game. -_-)
oh it's worth it my friend. what a game.

I'm sure you could get it for really cheap on ebay.

^^Yeah, I know it was the shit lol. Every morning before school me and my friend would play.

Hmm, I probably will get it on Ebay I guess but if anyone still has any idea about this I'd still be grateful.
I asume the game came as an .ISO?
If so, and, even if you already have the game installed, sometimes you need to have a DVD image program running in the background to trick it into thinking theres a CD in the drive. I personally use Alcoholsoft. Just google it, Download it, and its pretty self explanitory from there. Just click the drive you wanna put the "image" on, select the .EXE file, and it should work. I havent used the program in a while, so if my instructions or what I'm describing is wrong, dont bother telling me, just do it and ignore what I said :P

Quote by JewMasatFlex
alchol 120%

Thats the one...
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
-_-

...ISO? You lost me. I checked and none of the files in the main folder game with a .ISO.

And will this alcohol thing fix it? I mean is that all I'll need to download, and follow the direction, to do and it will work? Well I'll try it anyway.
.ISO I believe is the compressed file it came in...I think...I dont know anymore, been a long time since I delved into the world of Bittorrent...
Just download Alcohol 120% and do what I said.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
Quote by gtr-dude'n'a1/2
.ISO I believe is the compressed file it came in...I think...I dont know anymore, been a long time since I delved into the world of Bittorrent...
Just download Alcohol 120% and do what I said.

But it only comes as a 30 free trial. So that means I could only be able to play it for 30 days. =\ Would there be anything else like it for free?
Ah ok thanks. But this is where I'm downloading it from (Worms that is)http://www.mininova.org/tor/513689 ...again because the first one had a bunch of hacks in it.

Now it says to burn the ISO image to a disk. Will that just be a separate file when I download it?

I guess I'll download alcohol now too.