I am shopping for a new guitar. I am willing to go past 1,000 dollars. I want a Metal guitar that I can play and solo on skillfully. I mostly play metal and I love tapping so I need a guitar that is pretty much the ultimate metal guitar. I really do not want a bunch of people to post here saying get the Razorback. The Razorback is highly over-rated. So just give me some tips on what guitar I should get! All tips and guitars suggested will be highly appreciated and such! Thanks!
les pauls, strats believe it or not, jackson v's n such, some esp although much is over rated, dean mls (and the razorback just dont get the dime razor back

" want a Metal guitar that I can play and solo on skillfully." i can get a 10000 dollar guitar, its not gonna make me "solo skillfully"
I would actually suggest a higher end Ibanez, either the S series or the more expensive RGs. They have nice locking nuts, and good trems, plus good pick-ups. Or, you could go for a Jackson, pretty much any Dinky over $800 is at least decent.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
By soloing skillfully I meant a guitar with a good neck. I have a Les Paul and it's hard to solo on because of the neck. I want a neck-thru body pretty much.
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG1570
Schecter C-7 Hellraiser (7 string)

There.

PS: I've never actually heard anyone recommend a Razorback
Quote by Paul Gilbert
GET OUT OF MY YARD
I'd suggest Schecters, the price range on them is very, very nice, they're practically made for metal, emgs and everything. Check out the hellraiser, that thing is just a beautifil guitar.

Most schecters (maybe all, not sure) are neck through.

Edit- Ok not all but the decnt ones are.
high price Ibanez would be a great choice...but i would try ESP's myself...great guitars....strats arent metal guitars so i wouldnt go with them....but if soloing is your thing...try the two above....
Ibanez RG 1570

Ibanez S520EX (evo bridge pup/PAF joe neck pup)

or you could just one of those sweet ass Razorback guitars
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Esp/Ltd ec-1000

Made similar to the les paul, but is lighter, has a smaller neck, thinner, archtop, awesome color, EMG pups, etc.

Only like...700-800, not bad.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by sexy-man
tele's , the guy from winter sun uses one, you just gotta have a metal amp

...and customize the crap out of the tele. John 5 also uses one and his tone is br00t@l.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Thanks for the suggestions. I think been thinking about a Schecter more and more. I just wish they had better finish selections.
esp/ltd finishes > schecters!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-Standard-Series-Eclipse-II?sku=516653

if u want to keep the les paul style with a thinner neck (and will pay it)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=512237

but i think this might do you a lot better
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Dang! When did the eclipse's price drop so much?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Thanks for the tips people and has anyone heard if the V Blade and Xiphos are any good?