i have noticed that on my guitar everytime i change to a lighter guage of strings i get more sustain and my guitar is easier to play and gives a more responsive sound. i like the heavier strings because i like to tune down and i have a floyd rose so i can adjust the tension but it still doesnt play like i want it to with lighter strings. does anybody have any suggestions? ps i hate lighter strings so if there is a way to fix it up so heavier strings can give a more responsive sound that would be great.
"im not going to call somebody a dwarf unless they have direct possesion of a battle-axe."

"curiosity killed your mom!"
The difference in sound is nothing to do with the gauge, it's just because the strings are new. Sadly there's not lot you can do about the tension though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, strings get old thats pretty much the only difference. Lighter strings are easier to bend but other then that there should n't be a difference.
I disagree. heavier gauge strings give more of a "thump" when playing distorted. Which is why I have .11 on my guitar even though I hardly tune down
WTLTL 2011
I personally think that heavier gauges sound better.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
yeh, heavier sounds better. I use 11s on my strat takes a toll on your finger though