i still have the same old cheap sp-10 Squier amp that came with my Squier. so yea im probably joining my friends band soon. its a hardcore/punk band and i was wondering if most guitars sound basically the same on the same amp. because i obviously dont want to audition with that cheap amp because the sound quality is terrible. so the question is, do basically all guitars sound the same on the same amp??
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
nope
the amp is what makes the most difference to your tone!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Pretty much all guitars sound the same on a cheap, poorly made amp...
But that's not the case if it's a good amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by md41
i still have the same old cheap sp-10 Squier amp that came with my Squier. so yea im probably joining my friends band soon. its a hardcore/punk band and i was wondering if most guitars sound basically the same on the same amp. because i obviously dont want to audition with that cheap amp because the sound quality is terrible. so the question is, do basically all guitars sound the same on the same amp??

Hmm, well think about it. Why would people want to purchase different amps? Because they look cooler? It's mainly because they give or compliment your guitar's overall tone or vice versa.

I suggest getting a new amp..unless if you're really good because seriously...everything will sound horrible through that.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^Well, it depends on the amp itself, and how you eq it. Some amps tend to swallow the guitar's sound alive and make every guitar sound alike. While others let the original signal shine through more.
alright thanks. i hope the Squier will sound good enough. i may just take it to GC and test it on different amps
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Quote by TehJermie
^Well, it depends on the amp itself, and how you eq it. Some amps tend to swallow the guitar's sound alive and make every guitar sound alike. While others let the original signal shine through more.

That's also very true.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R