Who here hunts...what do you hunt, what with, and how old are you...Personally i hunt Deer, Turkey, and pretty much all small game, and i hunt with a PSE Spider compound bow, a Remington model 710 .270, a Ithaca 16 guage shotgun, and a Ruger 10/22.
"You can't be something you're not..." -Pantera

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Guitarplaymetal

In soviet Russia, The LULZ do it for you
Last edited by Dr.Feelgood20 at Mar 4, 2007,
I don't hunt but the ignorant environmentalists piss me off. I work at a outdoor/hunting store and we get some wackos in who are like "You all are Bambi killers." and stuff like that. It makes me mad because they don't realize that with a lot of animals their natural predators have been killed off so deers will over populate and die of disease anyways. Only damaging the habitat more.

Anyways that's my rant for the day.
Honestly, I don't hunt, but my brother is really into it. He says if you aren't using a bow, it isn't really hunting. He has killed too many deer to count, 2 black bears, 2 boars, an elk, and all with a bow. He hopes to head back to canada to get a moose soon.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
I hunt squirrels, Deer, and a few other things. I use a Savage .270(deer), Savage .22(squirrel and other small game), and I dont know what model it is or anything, too lazy to look, but its a 1918 winchester 12 guage for squirrels, turkey, and things like that. Im also 15. I also hate the enviromentalists. Half of them have never tried to hunt and would prolly find it is fun if they did try.
"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain R.I.P

\_/ This is the Care-Cup! As you can see, it is empty...

p.s. haters, may you trip and fall in a puddle of AIDS.

I'm not one of those crazy environmentalists, but do you feel good after you just shot a living animal?
bambi killers
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I hunt squirrel, rabbits(next season anyways), and pretty much any kinda of pest animal that can be shot(I dont come across these often). I use an old 70's model winchester .22 for squirrels, a single shot 20 gauge for the rabbits, and whatever is around for the pests. And yeah, it really pisses me off when people are all "omg you shouldnt kill animals its murder!!!!" Animals get killed and eaten all the time in nature, its just the way it works. We happen to be at the top of the food chain, so we get to eat other creatures.
Anyway, sorry about the ranting. Thats just my two cents. peace.

edit: and to FLrhcpEA, nah I dont feel good after I shoot something. But as long as I'm gonna eat it, it doesnt bother me that much.
Last edited by captain_jack at Mar 4, 2007,
Quote by holybassbatman!
I don't hunt but the ignorant environmentalists piss me off. I work at a outdoor/hunting store and we get some wackos in who are like "You all are Bambi killers." and stuff like that. It makes me mad because they don't realize that with a lot of animals their natural predators have been killed off so deers will over populate and die of disease anyways. Only damaging the habitat more.

Anyways that's my rant for the day.

i'm glad that you have a positive opinion about hunting...thats the 1 thing that pisses me off about the "anti-hunters" they dont know enough about the sport to really make a successful argument about hunting...we're the biggest conservationists, and not many people want to admit it. If you are a responsible, ethical hunter then you will only make a positive impact on wildlife managment

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Guitarplaymetal

Quote by captain_jack
and to FLrhcpEA, nah I dont feel good after I shoot something. But as long as I'm gonna eat it, it doesnt bother me that much.

I don't mind that as much as the people who just hunt for fun and not for food, though i still consider it a little unnecessary.
Quote by FLrhcpEA
I'm not one of those crazy environmentalists, but do you feel good after you just shot a living animal?

yes i do, because i know that i just made a positive impact on the environment, and that the animal wont go to waste. everything that i kill i eat otherwise i dont kill animals for "fun".

and there is such a thing as a bag limit.they keep pople from killing too many animals so they dont wipe out the population of them in a certain area

Quote by Guitarplaymetal

Grouse and Moose, pretty much all. I don't hunt rabbit because I don't know how to clean them. Use a .410 usually for grouse and for moose it varys, either a .303 British, 30-06, or 300 Mag.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Dr.Feelgood20
and there is such a thing as a bag limit.they keep pople from killing too many animals so they dont wipe out the population of them in a certain area

My problem isn't people wiping out populations, I mean your actually taking a life, something that breathes and sees and lives. I just really don't get how someone can be motivated to do that, however like I stated above I dont have as much of a problem with people that do it for food as opposed to for "fun". However you say you don't hunt for fun, because you do it for food, but above you said you hunt deer. Do you eat deer?
Last edited by FLrhcpEA at Mar 4, 2007,
Quote by cnorthern
Honestly, I don't hunt, but my brother is really into it. He says if you aren't using a bow, it isn't really hunting. He has killed too many deer to count, 2 black bears, 2 boars, an elk, and all with a bow. He hopes to head back to canada to get a moose soon.

A bow? Thats ****ing hardcore.
I'm back, you douchebags.
I hunt deer and zombies. With some exceptions. Ruger Mark II .270 with stainless steel barrel and redfield 6x18 scope, and a mossberg 12 guage pump. I also have an m16 though, because I am in the army.

Quote by cnorthern

yes.... some people say this. now hunting with a bow is harder than a rifle yes, you have to be closer to the animal and judge distances. however, people use compound bows....... it's not like they made their bow out of wood and a string or something. wtf..... hypocrites. i'm not saying bow hunting isn't fun or challenging though.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Last edited by PlayTheMetal at Mar 4, 2007,
I hunt.. As far as for what.. If it's brown It's down, if it flys it dies. I use a Remington 870 wingmaster 20 gauge. A yugo 59/66 SKS with all kinds of tapco goodies.. A Savage 64 .22 and soon to be using a Spanish 7x57 mauser..
I'm a tool.
Quote by captain_jack
We happen to be at the top of the food chain, so we get to eat other creatures.

What the hell are you talking about? That statement sounds so wrong.

Anyways, I know I'm part of UG's Anti-Hunting League, but I'd hunt only if it were completely necessary for my, and/or others' survival. Like, hypothetically speaking, a bunch of people including me somehow got lost or stranded somewhere. The point is, I'd only hunt for food, and even then, if it were a deer, moose, elk, etc. or even bison, I'd throw away the antlers or horns, and the hide, not even if I needed them.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Quote by FLrhcpEA
My problem isn't people wiping out populations, I mean your actually taking a life, something that breathes and sees and lives. I just really don't get how someone can be motivated to do that, however like I stated above I dont have as much of a problem with people that do it for food as opposed to for "fun". However you say you don't hunt for fun, because you do it for food, but above you said you hunt deer. Do you eat deer?

deer is 1 of my absolute favorite meats...i think hunting is fun, but i dont go out there and shoot everything that moves...when i go out there if i kill something then i call it a day.i dont kno if u read it but i did say that anything that i kill i eat so i wouldnt kill an animal if i wasnt prepared to eat it

Quote by Guitarplaymetal

Quote by FLrhcpEA

I hunt and yes, after shooting a living animal I feel pretty darn good. It's funny .. on the target range I can hear the full crack of the rifle, feel the kick, and I don't really like it. Up in the treestand that all just goes away if you're shooting at something. I think it's the leftovers of some primal instinct. Or I just like killing stuff.

Anyways, hunting is necessary. I always ask a person, would you rather starve to death and be in pain? Or simply get shot and die pretty quick? I know what I'd choose. Also, all of the men I hunt with treat the environment with great respect. We pick up litter, plant trees, and make sure other people don't abuse the land.
Quote by FLrhcpEA
However you say you don't hunt for fun, because you do it for food, but above you said you hunt deer. Do you eat deer?

LOL! Ever heard of venison? I know one hunter who doesn't keep his deer. And guess what he does? Pays for it to be processed and then donates it to the local food pantry.