What's the most in upgrade you can do in a Squire Strat? That was my very first guitar and I still have it and love it and still play solos on it, but I also have a B.C. Rich Worlock and B.C. Rich Evil. But, I was just wondering. I was thinking of getting possibly either a couple more pick-ups or replace them all. Get it repainted with a lightning design. But what do you think I should do to it. A friend of mine told me Kirk Hammett has a custom done Strat, too and he's my inspiration in life.

Any ideas? Besides a new freakin' paint job.
Quote by NuclearWARLORD
What's the most in upgrade you can do in a Squire Strat? That was my very first guitar and I still have it and love it and still play solos on it, but I also have a B.C. Rich Worlock and B.C. Rich Evil. But, I was just wondering. I was thinking of getting possibly either a couple more pick-ups or replace them all. Get it repainted with a lightning design. But what do you think I should do to it. A friend of mine told me Kirk Hammett has a custom done Strat, too and he's my inspiration in life.

Any ideas? Besides a new freakin' paint job.

A squire and two BC Richs?

Save up for a quality guitar. Don't spend your money on your cheap guitars just to make them half as good as a more expensive guitar. Save them though... because they are your first guitars, you'll want to keep them.
Have fun w/ the paint job. Swap the tuners, the trem, and the pickups. And if you have the know how, electronics can be fun. There are ways that you can build effects INTO a guitar's electrical circuit.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Have your frets dressed. Then replace the tuners, bridge, pickups, electronics, and plastic. If you feel really wild, paint it.

The replacement parts may cost you some cash but you can always take the parts back off and sell them on Ebay.
ok Dawn, so the Squier isnt the best thing right now...assuming you have one with an Alder body (havent had time to check it) here's what i think

EMG Strat Set (KH Single Coil humbucker Set)
take it to a Luthier and route it to fit an original Floyd Rose tremolo system
change the tuners to Sperzel Locking Tuners

that should be about it, but I say maybe you should go and buy a better guitar overall...so you dont have to replace a lot of stuff in the future.
Dude, you have three noob guitars. New pickups and a paintjob could easily cost more than a mid-level Ibanez, Jackson, Schecter, Washburn, Dean, whatever.
Quote by i_baked_cookies
A squire and two BC Richs?

Save up for a quality guitar. Don't spend your money on your cheap guitars just to make them half as good as a more expensive guitar. Save them though... because they are your first guitars, you'll want to keep them.

+1,000,000,000,000
Personally I dont think you should mod that thing. Its not worth anything really. You should save up for a really good guitar, then if you want, mod that, to make it even better. Its not a good investment to make something not good, to ok.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by Danno13
Dude, you have three noob guitars. New pickups and a paintjob could easily cost more than a mid-level Ibanez, Jackson, Schecter, Washburn, Dean, whatever.

please explain to me what a "noob" guitar is? some people actually choose to play the cheaper guitars, preferring them over the high end american guitars.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
please explain to me what a "noob" guitar is? some people actually choose to play the cheaper guitars, preferring them over the high end american guitars.

is that why you own a squier?
Is that why you own an epiphone and not a Gibson?
Is that why you own a $300 fender?
Last edited by toddpens8771 at Mar 10, 2007,
Quote by Blompcube

lol im sure if anyone had a choice to get any guitar in the world for free, they wouldn't pick a low end guitar over a high end guitar.

and what do you mean by "high end american guitars?

btw, i agree those guitars suck dont mod them, it'll be a waste of your money and you'll probably get laughed at..
Black and Decker to the rescue !
Time to put the mighty Power Drill and Jig Saw to use...

and turn that Strat in a Cheese Guitar...
Quote by Blompcube

Only because they can't afford high-end guitars. For the record, I'd take a Japanese ESP or a French Vigier over any American guitar, and I can't afford a one of 'em.

A "noob" guitar is a guitar with substandard hardware and materials, that you feel you *have to* modify to get the best out of. It's not bad to have them, or to like them, but they offer NO advantages (and often have several disadvantages) when compared to mid- and high-end guitars.
listen im all for modding a squier, ive done it. BUT only cause ive got a few other quality guitars and the mod thing was sort of for fun.

i suggest u save ur money, as getting new pickups and bridge will cost more than the guitar.

it's time to buy an intermediate guitar.

save the squier mod it in a year or two. good luck,
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by toddpens8771
is that why you own a squier?
Is that why you own an epiphone and not a Gibson?
Is that why you own a $300 fender?

so you're saying i'm a noob because of my selection of guitars?
Quote by ouchies
lol im sure if anyone had a choice to get any guitar in the world for free, they wouldn't pick a low end guitar over a high end guitar.

and what do you mean by "high end american guitars?

btw, i agree those guitars suck dont mod them, it'll be a waste of your money and you'll probably get laughed at..

i used american as an example...

Quote by Danno13
Only because they can't afford high-end guitars. For the record, I'd take a Japanese ESP or a French Vigier over any American guitar, and I can't afford a one of 'em.

A "noob" guitar is a guitar with substandard hardware and materials, that you feel you *have to* modify to get the best out of. It's not bad to have them, or to like them, but they offer NO advantages (and often have several disadvantages) when compared to mid- and high-end guitars.

i'd rather play a cheaper guitar on stage, otherwise i'd be thinking about not damaging my guitar all the time. that's why i have squiers, an epi and a cheaper fender strat. i also have a rickenbacker but i don't use that live.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.