Well anyone go to the High School for Performing and Visual Arts? of course its in houston

well if anyoen goes there what do u have to know to get in? like what scales and do you ahve to know how to read music?

someone help me please i dont wanna go to my high school anymore so i wanna go to HSPVA
heres a small tip... the people there are freaking amazing at jazz. Their guitarist made region jazz band easily. their guitarist got the first 5 chairs. everyone else was pushed aside. that said you have to know your instrument very well. so yea readin gmsuci is a must. JAzz theory, improv
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
**** where do i learn how to read music, and jazz theory?

goddamit i need to here some good jazz guitarist people name some please and all i need to know is the scales i need to know to get into HSPVA and im set
^its not just scales, it chords, progressions, theory etc. hell the kids even make their own jazz and classical compositions. its meant for people who have been playing for a super long time
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
^its not just scales, it chords, progressions, theory etc. hell the kids even make their own jazz and classical compositions. its meant for people who have been playing for a super long time

well that really makes no difference to me i hate my high school im going to right now and what ever i ahve to do learn and wahtever ima do it ima learn it if i have to.
Dude Jazz isnt punk. You need to be a practical genius to even be good at jazz.
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
Quote by Sqeeezie
Dude Jazz isnt punk. You need to be a practical genius to even be good at jazz.

HAHA this guy, who said i like punk?.........and dude my sisters Bf is a badass musician the ****er knows about any type of music..especially jazz....im stil laughing at the punk comment though that was hilarious well if you have any other usefull info please share and (if this soudns sarcastic im not being sarcastic) thanks.