"I hate the idea of causes, and if i had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, i hope i should have the guts to betray my country. Such a choice may scandalise the modern reader, and he may stretch out his patriotic hand to the telephone at once and ring up the police. It would not have shocked Dante though. Dante places Brutus and Cassius in the lowest circle of Hell because they had chosen to betray their friend Julius Caesar rather than their country Rome."

E.M. Forster argues that personal relations are more important than causes or patriotism. Do you agree or disagree with this view? (support with reason)

its sort of hw. i jus cant think of any examples to support my p.o.v.
Last edited by apbumsta at Mar 4, 2007,
sometimes I like to put spoons in the freezer and then suck on them because they are so nice and cold.
Quote by WoodPencils
sometimes I like to put spoons in the freezer and then suck on them because they are so nice and cold.

im off to try that!!!
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Yup, I'm certain this is just something you were curious about, and not a homework question....
yeah cold spoons are nice

is this not some sorta homework?!
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
I Agree, that personal relationships are more important, i just cant see myself doing something for people i have absolutly no relationship with, its like saying, "You have to kill one person of the two, your closest friend, or a complete stranger"..
We're Composing our funeral songs, note by note

Let the carcass of the martyr burn