I have begin to notice that no matter how much i turn up the distortion on my amp i can still hear the tele "twang" this is good for classic rock songs but it really gets annoying when im trying to play hardcore punk and metal. Also i am more for the low rich warm bassy sound and i can get in on the tele but its not as full as it could be. also i am having a much easier time picking on my squier strat but i think thats beacause the tele is set up differently. Sometimes i wish i just got this guitar instead.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Vintage-Mahogany-Electric-Guitar?sku=517536

But this time i dont really think its the guitar i think im doing something wrong. I know its possible to eliminate the twang cuz NOFX uses telecasters. Also i know its possible to get a low rich tone out of it beacause Jimmy page used one on "good Times Bad Times" so what should i do to eliminate the twang. i play through a VOX AD15Vsomething. Would a Fuzz pedal help? or should i get a cheap epiphone or something for the heavier songs.
u sould of bought the tele with the humbucker in the neck
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
WTF? no offence, but are you stupid!? teles are known for their "twangy" sound which is great for cleans, not for it's sound in distortion...particularly METAL!!!

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I don't know if anyone else is seeing this popup but has ANYONE read joans story???

BTW You should have got a FMT Tele w/ 2 seymour duncan humbuckers.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Quote by evening_crow
WTF? no offence, but are you stupid!? teles are known for their "twangy" sound which is great for cleans, not for it's sound in distortion...particularly METAL!!!

I bought it beacause i liked the neck better than any guitar i tried out and i went with what felt right and i thought it would be easier to play on.
the main reason why i want a tele is because of the twang lol my les paul doesnt really give me the twang i want for country and old rock songs
Quote by evening_crow

Well, that's not entirely true. Tele's can sound good for metal, just not in a typical way.

I know it's hardly an example of good metal, but the one guitarist from Lost Prophets uses a Tele. I don't like them, but they have a metal sound.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by evening_crow

hahahaha you're funny.

It's pretty simple, less high mids and more bass, neck pickup, ummm, tone knob?
Quote by waldo899
the main reason why i want a tele is because of the twang lol my les paul doesnt really give me the twang i want for country and old rock songs

what kind of les paul dya have?
Quote by david_highland
Yeah dude, neck pick up, tone knob (more bass)...

The tone pot DOES NOT add more bass, it reduces the highs and mids.
thats because telecasters are evil. and not in the good way
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
Quote by guitarted
The tone pot DOES NOT add more bass, it reduces the highs and mids.

Which accentuates the bass.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50