I'm debating on whether not I should get one. I've got large hands, and wanna know if others with large hands get wide necked guitars.
hmmm, I'm not sure if that's what I mean. I mean, the neck, there the strings are, does anyone have large hands that makes it a bitch to accurately play strings on the frets.
yeah i hve a les paul, theyre known for wide necks.. i have medium sized hands and i dont have a problem with wide necks so it should be comfortaable for you.. make sure you try it out first though
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Just try one out...

I love wide and medium length necks. Les pauls, my eclipse...but I dislike the jackson necks...are those considered thin?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I hear Agiles are top notch, go git it.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I've heard nothing but good things about them too. It's not that I have a problem with agile's, it's just I'm not sure if I should get a wide neck.

I probobly will though, and if I don't like it, just send it back.
You''ll get used to it.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
The neck...duh.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Look at Ibanez guitars with either the Wizard II neck or the SZ series if looking for a solid body, or the AF series if you are looking for a hollowbody. These necks are wider than what is considered normal.

I have the same problem with my Strat.

I now have an Ibanez AF75D hollowbody, and S470, and an SZ520.

Something to remember, the more you play, the better your chords will be, they'll clean up some.
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
yeah i hve a les paul, theyre known for wide necks.. i have medium sized hands and i dont have a problem with wide necks so it should be comfortaable for you.. make sure you try it out first though

Actually they're known for having fat necks but the fretboard itself isn't usually very wide on most LP's. I have pretty large hands and prefer either the fat, '59-style LP necks or Ibanez necks, which are thinner in back but usually have a really wide fretboard.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Honestly, it won't make much of a difference. Anything I can play on my wide-necked SG, I can play on my thinner-necked Strat Copy, or on my uncle's classical guitar with a fatty neck.

It might not matter to you but neck width can make a huge difference to someone with big hands. I have a friend with giant Shrek-hands and that poor bastard is hopeless on just about anything but a wide-assed Ibanez Wizard II. He just can't fit those freakin sausages on a Strat or PRS.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
i have relatively small hands considering im 13.....and my dad got me an acoustic with a really wide neck.....and it makes it a bitch to play a lot of chords......so im guessing if you have relatively big hands it would be the opposite and make it easier....?