I have my eye on a Jay Turser JT-50, but wondering if they are any good? Are any Jay Turser's good? General thoughts on them?
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
Idk i have been wondering that too beacause i have been looking to buy one of the les paul copies (jt200 i think) as a backup guitar for my tele for heavier songs.
i dont own one personally but iv heard theyre good guitars. go to harmony-central.net > click "guitar" and on the right go to reviews and look at them. they have reviews for every friggn guitar out there. so yeah. good luck also try rondomusic.net. iv got their sg copy and it kicks the crap out of my friends sg sandard. at least in quality.
I've played one of their strat copies. One of the ones they advertise as using "Light weight" wood. It's kinda crappy. Like a bunch of the wood is chipping off and there a loads of dents in the thing. I dunno if it was just the model he got or what, but if it's not durrable and it doesn't sound good (the one i played didn't) I wouldn't get one. Try before you buy i suppose
DRAGONFORCE>EVERYTHING ELSE paste this into your sig if you like dragonfoce!

My Equipment:

Customized Fender Lead III (Mary-Lou)
Epiphone Firebird VII Red
Fender MIM Strat Midnight Blue
New Amp Soon
Johnson Flanger
They are surprisingly good guitars for what you pay for. They are also some decent project guitars too.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Absolutely amazing guitar for a beginner. It wastes a squier anyday. I have had my Jay Turser for 5 years now, and its been through so much, and its still like a rock. Built to last. I would definitely recommend this to a beginner, or beginner/intermediate.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
They are very good for beginners, nothing more.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
ive heard good stuff. this one kid that is dating my ex-girlfriend owns like four of them or something so i guess they have to be ok.
eh i played around with a LP copy, and it just didnt feel like a guitar, kind of crappy, like a toy.
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
One of the stores where I live only sells Jay Turser guitars, so I've had a lot of experience messing around with them.

If you play it first, you can get a decent one. They don't sound particularly good, though.

Most of them play pretty poorly.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Mar 9, 2007,
get one for christmas and put emgs in it and put hockey tape over the logo

thats wat i did
Great guitar, especially the semi-hollow body style, u get a nice blues sounf out of it!