Meh.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
I can't believe I missed making this thread by 20 minutes! It's the reason I actually logged on - to make this thread! XD

...okay, well yeah I really like them and plan on buying their album soon. They're playing Madison Square Garden on the 27th, so I'll try to get tickets if they're not insanely expensive. They remind me a lot of the Smashing Pumpkins, especially Gish, so I'm looking forward to it
they have some pretty good stuff, i just got the album recently and it sounds pretty promising, i'm looking forward to what they do in the future.
they will go far, i see it in the future as having a legacy compared to the rolling stones

begin the onslaught of neigh-sayers
I have their EP, Pikul, which is pretty cool. There's like 15 tracks in that album that are half a minute long who have titles which are synonyms of nothing. It's pretty fun.

Or at least that's what iTunes says.
Sent from my iPad.
its like shoegaze alternative

ive already said this before but i think they will still be around and remembered 30-40 years from now
they suck huge penis.lazy eye was the worst song i heard in ****ing years.
Quote by BigBigWater
Even more baffling... How did they tune electric guitars back in medieval times?
Quote by hammett rocks
they suck huge penis.lazy eye was the worst song i heard in ****ing years.

By the taste of your music, I'm not surprised.

You like much different kinds of music.

But flaming a band is a nono
Sent from my iPad.
I just got into them recently and I do like what I hear. After seeing the video for Lazy Eye, I've been hooked.
I don't know why..
I don't know why I fight for you this way.
yeah man they are really good, ive seen all of there shows on tv like jay and stuff like that, and everytime they play lazy eye, but its different every freakin time, they are really good. i really want to know what pedals he uses, does anybody know?
I actually realllllly like them. I got Carnavas a few months ago and I think it's brilliant.

Of course, the music snob inside of me doesn't want to like them because they're (gasp!) getting popular, but ehh. They're still awesome.

Kind of like the lovechild of Autolux and the Smashing Pumpkins.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
I just downloaded the album on Monday. I can tell I'll develop a taste for it, but right now I just keep playing Lazy Eye over and over again because it fits my mood perfectly. It reminds me a little of the Velvet Underground. The guitar is a little reminiscent of All Tomorrow's Parties.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Wow, a friend sent me Three Seed a few months back but I didn't bother to get the whole CD until a few weeks ago. Damn. These guys are going to go far... so talented! They were on Much On Demand here in Canada, and the lead singer and the girl were so relaxed, guess that's what I like about this band the most at the moment... they are so relaxed. Bass lines are pretty cool too unlike most bands out there. Can't wait till they come to Van.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
How are they overrated? They're album came out like a year ago and they just getting their stuff played by radio stations. They're flying under the radar, I don't think you can really call them underrated.
I bought Carnavas when it came out, I still like what I hear from them. But I can understand why others don't like them. Usually vocals make-or-break a band for me.
To me, they sound like a less experimental Sonic Youth blended with a little shoegaze.

Not bad, but they didn't appeal to me the same way similar sounding bands do.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I like em. Checkered Floor and Little Lover's So Polite are awesome songs, and the album is great to listen to.
Quote by K-Lizzle

Kind of like the lovechild of Autolux and the Smashing Pumpkins.

I love that analogy.

Yeah, I like their stuff.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
Anyone know what effects they use on Common Reactor and Future Foe? I'm a complete newb when it comes to effects
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
I bought Carnavas around the time this thread was started. At first I thought it was sort of meh, but after a few plays it's really great. Last week, I couldn't stop listening it. I agree that they sound like the Smashing Pumpkins with a little MBV thrown in.
Quote by Adderall_Ninja
Overrated.

Eh, I'm gonna have to disagree. :\ They're excellent.
666 BRO
I saw them at Latitude and really enjoyed them. Any band that can still sound even vaguely original when being on directly after Strange Death of Liberal England is quite an achievement.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
I like how they play live. Sadly they haven't come around here for me to see them, but I watch lots of Youtube videos lol. They seem to enjoy being on stage. I just hope they don't sell out... >.>
-Josh

/fail
Quote by Caustic
To me, they sound like a less experimental Sonic Youth blended with a little shoegaze.

Not bad, but they didn't appeal to me the same way similar sounding bands do.

Are you talking about Siamese Dream era Smashing Pumpkins?

Silversun Pickups is a throwback to early 90's alternative, like Sonic Youth and Smashing Pumpkins. If they take their music any further than that I will be more than surprised.

With that said, the cd wasn't too bad.
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic
the more i listen to this band, the more i like them. they're one of my favorite new bands

their first cd pikul is amazing, i think that i like it more than carnavas. it's a lot more emotional and bit more lo-fi but it grabs you and sucks you in after a few listens.

i think i'm going to be seeing them in LA towards the end of the month.
their first cd pikul is amazing, i think that i like it more than carnavas. it's a lot more emotional and bit more lo-fi but it grabs you and sucks you in after a few listens.

^
I think I heard/read in an interview that it was basically recorded live...not in a studio. "All The Go Inbetweens" is my favorite song by them, and that's on Pikul. "Kissing Families" is great too. It has a different feel to it than Carnavas, but I definitely like both.
-Josh

/fail
One of my favourite bands, I hope to see them live at some point, but they're not doing anything at the moment. I think these guys are fantastic.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.