Page 1 of 3
CHECK THIS PAGE FOR ALL UPDATES

This is how its going to go:

I will post a Drum Track created by me
The contestants will take the drum track and add whatever instruments they want to it
They will mix their track and post it on their accounts (Purevolume, myspace, Dmusic, etc.)
They will all face each other in a playoff type bracket
Winner gets a cookie

The first theme will be Metal (specifically Melo-death/ Thrash style of drumming) But if you feel you can make the track into any style you are more then welcome to.

RULES:

No tampering of the drums track....that means no looping of segments or deleting parts.

You must submit the finish product on your accounts, 7 days after the track has been posted, if not you will be automatically eliminated from the contest.

The First 8 to officially sign up will get the spots, if for some reason you decide you can not meet to the obligations of the contest replacement/backups will be implemented. PLEASE: if a situation like this arises, PM me as soon as possible. You must let me know within three days of the due date or your opponent will automatically move on to the next round.

There is no limit on how many instruments/ how many layers of instruments can be used and vocals are considered an instrument.

1. Wrong Way
NO SUBMIT
2. Hypetreme
http://northchild.dmusic.com/
3. sam i am
http://samjparker.dmusic.com/ (Under UG Drum Combo)
4. grimnerhell
http://www.myspace.com/grimnerhell (ug Drum Combo)
5. jpburns88
http://jeremiah.dmusic.com/ (Under wah fest 2007)
6.aeon20k
http://crsd.dmusic.com/
7. Juniorfr3ak
NO SUBMIT

Judges:

ibaRGnez321
Metal Rich
GoodCharloteSux

small note to the judges: the way we are going to do the judging format is still unclear so if you guys could hold off ALL criticism until they are all submitted that would be a good thing for the contest. If either of you guys have a suggestion on how you think the format should go just PM me.

ALT:
Ignignokt

Drum Track:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=677EQQJ2

I hope this works out and please be welcome to ask questions
- GCS
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at Mar 22, 2007,
I'll join, won't take me very long to make it and im on spring break, so count me in.
Cool , the more the merry(er) people, lol
Can I judge? Melo-death is my specialty.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Metal will be way out of my league, I actually look forward to trying
Quote by ibaRGnez321
Can I judge? Melo-death is my specialty.

Originally it was going to be a voting tye thing, BUT looking at how little action this forum gets I might change that to judging.

I'll let you know when a nice amount of people sign up!

Npt interested in trying?

And welcome to Hypetreme
^Eh, it depends. I may be a little busy to get around to writing stuff. I suck at it anyways.

I'd much rather just judge.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Put me in as an alternate in case no one else joins. Because, I don't want to be accountable for not being able to post something. I am a bit tight on free time.
hey count me in man. i am a straight metal shredder!!!! sounds like fun so i'm down....
Quote by sam i am
I wanna do this, but it's not my kinda genre, will I be frowned upon for not doing a metal song to it?

If anything you will be looked up to because you bring something else to the table.

And FYI to all, this will be like a monthly competition with different genre';s every month so if your not into metal but you just want to F around then go for it and do it so you get used to the concept!

Welcome to the others who signed up.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
If anything you will be looked up to because you bring something else to the table.

And FYI to all, this will be like a monthly competition with different genre';s every month so if your not into metal but you just want to F around then go for it and do it so you get used to the concept!

Welcome to the others who signed up.

In that case,

I'm in
Quote by grimnerhell
so when is this drum track gettin posted????

once we get eight, BUT if we do not get anyone signed up within the next 24 hours then we will do just you 4
If I can get the drum track soon (before midnight) then I can throw something together. Other than that, I'll be out of town for a week (the duration of the contest).
Yea, I can do that by tonight it should be up and because of only 6 signed up the deadline will be extended until we have eight.
^I think he might by midnight last night.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Yea, I can do that by tonight it should be up and because of only 6 signed up the deadline will be extended until we have eight.

So the track is going up tonight but instead of a 7-day deadline it is until there are 8 contestants.....?

Also I propose we all advertised in our sigs to get more interest as these forums are little-visited.
quick question on the "no tampering with the drum
track" rule, does that include regular eq-ing and some weird effect stuff (if we so see fit)?
bee yatch
^ you can eq it and you over layer some effects if you like BUT the thing I am more worried about is people taking pieces out or extending poieces. I think thats alright although I am not sure what kind of effects you would use * interested*

Good Idea Sam I AM with the sig thing but I unfortunately can't access m,ine because I don't have certain amount of UG points or whatever so you guys should definetely advertise.

Isgiknot meant yesterday night so scratch my last post when we get 8 I will post it up.
Count me in
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
I'm in, I'm no good with metal but i want to try... yay!!!
but it seriously sounds like fun and I'm in
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
^Awesome, one more person needs to join!
Can't wait to see the outcome. Do you need judges? Or will you be judging them yourself/by a public vote?
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Metal_Rich
Can't wait to see the outcome. Do you need judges? Or will you be judging them yourself/by a public vote?

I think its going to be judges, three judges, considering this forum gets no action

You will be judge #2

so one more JUDGE!

The track will be posted tomorrow night, maybe sooner so check back as much as possible.

and welcome darktom666
Wicked, thanks man.
Quote by fukyu1980
I will be judge #3 I think theres no bias..the track will be up in a couple of hours and a complete copy of your song should be posted by lets say 5:00 EST: American next Thursday.

The earlier you get it in the greater of an advantage you have!

there you go people, in MP3 format, the quality is garage like but more then satisfactory, I hope you all enjoy the double bass drum because I use it to the maximum Not that many fills I wanted to keep it as a clean slate sort of deal but there are some little suprises rhythm wise so listen carefully and enjoy

Next contest Im thinking Classic Rock, Bonham style
Sounds awesome man. How'd you record it?
Quote by fukyu1980
Wow already uploaded kk Im d/l right now I hope I can get nice riffs out of it
Quote by GoodCharloteSux

there you go people, in MP3 format, the quality is garage like but more then satisfactory, I hope you all enjoy the double bass drum because I use it to the maximum Not that many fills I wanted to keep it as a clean slate sort of deal but there are some little suprises rhythm wise so listen carefully and enjoy

Next contest Im thinking Classic Rock, Bonham style

Can you upload it to a different site, something like dmusic or soundclick. because that website is horrible.

EDIT: NVM, i got it now. And Bonham style? sounds awesome. Much more my kinda thing.

Litening to it, now..... hmm, just lots of generic heavy rock riffs from me, probably blues-scale based. But you never know.
Last edited by sam i am at Mar 15, 2007,
OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! f*ck!!!!!

I'm sorry to announce that I have to be taken out of the contest ...parents just announced me that were going somewhere (secret ) this week-end until tuesday ><><... Sorry guys.. I already started it but I dont think Ill be able to finish it Sorry again...

Btw, the drum track is cool :P
Im gonna have to get out of this contest, because I don't have enough time to do this and other things, but if you want another judge PM me.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
ok so down to six, thats fine, if others sign up thats cool but overall we can pull it off with 6. and dark tom its not due until thursday, try to pull it off if not then oh well.
Quote by Metal_Rich
Sounds awesome man. How'd you record it?

A friend has a studio in a box type thing where you can overlap guitar tracks and etc. and record and burn your stuff. So I bought a vintage mixer from the 70's and mic'd up my drum set and recorded it.
alright... i almost just wanna post my rough copy right now and win this thing hands down..... but that's no fun. i hope everybody is devotin at least an hour a night to this...... i am....... this is a great idea and metal is ME... so.... this competition rocks..... i'll compete EVERY month, but this one is definetely MINE...... take it serious people.. i'll post my final in a day or 2. by the way the drum track is perfect!!! not swaying in any ONE direction or "sub-genre" in any way but still stickin to the headline direction.. i love it man.. u'll hear from me in 2 days with my final... hope we got metalheads here cuz i'm slammin it
^ awesome dude, glad to hear some people are as pumped as I am.

I tried to just keep the double bass pounding and some basic quick beats so you guys and gals have a lot of room to just kick ass lol.
Page 1 of 3