i mainly play some heard rock and metal but i do like to calm down and do some good cleans and crunch tones. i was thinking a hot rod would be my best bet or a blues junior. do yall have any other suggestions???
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Vox ac30.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
from what ive tested an AC30 cannot do metal at all.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
My mistake, I thought you said you wanted to slow down and ONLY play classic rock and cleans.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
yeah i still love to crank up and do some metal and hard rock. i dont really play other artists stuff i really do my own thing. should i just get a hot rod deluxe and get a boss me-50?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
B52 AT combo with an overdrive to do crunch on the clean channel would be good (lower gain settings on the OD channels dont work as well as the clean with the OD imo)
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Hot Rod Deluxe and a Tone Bone Hot British. Most people on here will tell you multi-fx suck and they are right(for the most part). If you're getting the Boss for distortion, go with the Hot British. For multi-fx, get some dedicated analog fx. For a combination of both, tell me what fx you want, and I will throw out some suggestions.
well how are the Boss Me-50 and the Line 6 PODXT Live?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
I've heard someone play through the Me, and it sounded very weak IMO. The PODXT can be great or horrible. It really depends on what you're playing it through and how much you tweak it.
well ive had very bad experience with Line 6. 2 amps crap out and a pedal just...well they dont even know what happened to it. i was thinking that the ME-50 would be great since i have NEVER had any problems with Boss. plus they make some pretty good products.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
May I suggest the Mesa Boogie F-50
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
^Well, I find that Line's 6 effects tend to be very decent. Especially the modeling ones(Filter, Delay, Modulation). And the Pod seems quite sturdy. So I wouldn't worry. Try them both out first though.
The ME-50 is OK...I've used one pretty extensively. Honestly though it just sounded too processed and digital to me.
i guess ill just have to try both. but its so hard to because when i try something out i wanna try it on MY gear so i know what it will sound like to me. and guitar center is full of assholes who hate helping people.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Guitar Center, should have all three of them (Me, POD, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe) available for you to try out. They may or may not let you bring in your own guitar. But don't be afraid to ask or maybe even call in advance.
oh no i bring in my guitar all the time to try out amps. but yes they do have all three.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
^Then what is stopping you from giving them a go? On a side note, you might want to bring the POD home with you for a few days because you will need the time to tweak. GC actually has a pretty good return policy so if you don't like it, you can just take it back.
Quote by MrSandMan
May I suggest the Mesa Boogie F-50

That's what I was gonna suggest. That or the F-30. Great cleans, heavy crunch.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^^^ but dont those things cost a arm and a leg and possibly a left nut?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
$700ish for a combo, used. well worth the money
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
how about a Peavey XXX? clean, crunch, and ultra channels. ive played on many times at guitar center and ive been pretty happy.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
You could actually probably find one of the F series for close to what you'd be paying for the Hot Rod and Me/PodXT. It wouldn't have all the bells and whistles of the Multi-fx, but it's likely to be able to do a few things better than they can (Warmth and Tone, although the Pod can get really nice with a good clean tube amp).
Last edited by TehJermie at Mar 5, 2007,
hmm im gonna have to do alot of thinking on this. but then again i will change my mind a MILLION times before i get something. im think im pretty sure on the ME-50 and PODXT.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion