Ok, so every once in a while(more frequently than that sounds) my internet just drops out. Like the connection just goes away and my AIM shuts down and my web pages wont load or anything. My wireless connection is still there, just nothing comes through it. The other computer in the house is hardwired to the connection and it doesn't work when it happens either. So, what the hell is wrong with it and how do I fix it. I know there are people on this site that are knowledgable about computers, so HELP.......please.
Go get your shovel.
This happened to me today. It turned out the modem/thingy that gets us non-dial-up internet (I'm a comp. n00b) was just being pushed on by my desk. Maybe check the chord? I dunno...
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
Well I thought it may be the modem...I just wanted to see if any techy people had any ideas. I thought about just unplugging everything and letting it sit for a second then plugging it all back in.
Go get your shovel.
my broadband internet drops out, but its not wireless. if your dl'ing alot of stuff it can drop out but apparently it has something to do with the ip address or something. i fix it by

1. double clicking the little button at the bottom of my screen with the two computer monitors (local area connection)

2. Clicking the support tab

3. Then clicking the repair button.

thats how mine works anyway. i dont know if wireless is different...
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
^^^ That works. It will have to do for now until I can check with my ISP(road runner if it makes a difference).
Go get your shovel.
yeah. if it keeps doing it, throw it out a window or something (i almost did once..... >_>..............<_<.........)
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
Throwing things out the window always fixes everything. Got my cat to shut up......Juuuust kidding. I don't have a cat... anymore*shifty eyes*
Go get your shovel.
Happens to me too, every hour or so my internet just ****s up. Meh, after ten minutes or so it's back to normal.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
All of last night my wireless was gaying out on me. It'd connect, but the IP address wasn't working, or something like that, because nothing would load. I still don't know what's going on, so I'm probably screwed when I get home.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
i can connect to like a wireless thing, and it says it its unsecured and doesnt ask for anything, so i get connected and i have a really good connection, but it won't load anything up on internet explorer or allow me to connect to aim or anything, do you guys know how to fix this?
(sorry, i blow with computers)