Im one of those people that doesnt like anyone touching my stuff and my dad has always messed around with my stuff so i dont him messing up anything. So I decided Id buy him either a Electric or an acoustic for his birthday so he will stop playing my stuff. What would be a good acoustic, acoustic/electric, or electric for under $100.
Thanks
good is going to be tough for that price range..maybe one of those squier 51 teles from musiciansfriend which i justs earched and dont think are there anymore..just check brands and woods..i find in that range youll get mostly plywood and agathis..maybe for 149 a squier affinity strat which is alder...look around is your best bet
Quote by d_byrne23
yeah sorry if i sounded to specific with my post..obviously your dad is a casual player..so he wont be tone specific or anything, on the other hand you dont want to buy him something that wont last... maybe this: http://www.rondomusic.net/sst62short3ts.html

Who's to say he won't want a good tone even though he's only been playing guitar for a while? Perhaps he's a former drummer who has spent days working with guitarists who own tube rigs.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

i was maybe thinking the vendetta xm cuz it has 24 frets
even though he probably wont care if i ever diddlled on it i would like it
my guitar has 24 frets too
Quote by sg-rocker173
Who's to say he won't want a good tone even though he's only been playing guitar for a while? Perhaps he's a former drummer who has spent days working with guitarists who own tube rigs.

not the truth hes just an average 40 year old with no friends so i thought i might as well buy him a friend.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Rondomusic.net

+1
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Rondo is great for their prices. Check out their SX Strats. There are a couple of used SX strats on ebay right now.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Gibson Standard Series, Les Paul or SG. They are usually about $100 or a little over that.

"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Harley Bentons are supposed to be a good bet for cheap copies they look fine up until they tried to copy the SG
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Quote by vanzant38
Rondo is great for their prices. Check out their SX Strats. There are a couple of used SX strats on ebay right now.

Yeah, I've heard the SX Strats played and they can sound pretty damned good.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
a ukelele?
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
I would buy him an Acoustic, to be honest.

The base model Epiphone Acoustics don't play or sound half bad, in my opinion.

If you buy him an electric, you'll either need to look into an amp as well, or let him continue to **** around with your amp(s).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-DR100-Acoustic-Guitar-?sku=518569
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
Rondo has some great guitars - I bought an AL-2000 as "back in the day" I had Gibson Les Pauls and wanted another one after 25 years of NO GUITARS... Couldn't justify the price of Gibsons these days so - Bought an Agile and must say it's sweet - almost the real deal for Under $200! I'm 55 and my Agile Black Beauty gets played every night. Get Dad one - he'll love it - not sure about the SX models but the AGILE'S are great for the money just like they come out of the box.

Check out our Forum @ http://www.agileguitarforum.com/

Lots of pics in the Gallery and loads of happy campers too!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
get a yamaha pacifica. You can probably get one new for 150-180. My dad just got one and it actually kicks the sh*t out of any other guitar in that price range.
id kind of liek to get him a sg because his favorite band is ac/dc and i used to have one and he would play it alot.
so where can i get a cheap epi sg or sg copy.
you can get a cheap sg for $150 at musicians friend. It's the one I've got, and it seems decent enough.