So I've been aiming to get the Agile, but I played a LP custom today, and it played very nice, I liked the sound of it and everything, but out of the two, which is better? The Agile is less expensive, but I know that doesn't mean the quality is lower, so...

Which one?
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

I'd personally go for the Agile, mostly because I own an Agile AL-3000M and it plays and sounds great, but that's just my opinion. If you've played the Epiphone and you really loved it, then I think you should really buy it. No point in taking a chance if you don't need to, right? Maybe, again, that's just my opinion.
Well, I'd rather save 200 bucks and get a better instrument. I've heard soooo many positive reviews about the Agile AL series, and I've read numerous times from many members on this forum and elsewhere that the Agile is a better deal than the Epi, I was just looking for some reconfirmation I suppose. Or, a larger sample of opinions to base research results on.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

I've had an AL3000 and an AL3500. I personally couldn't really tell the difference in sound between the two, but for some strange reason, I felt the AL3000 played a little better. Compared to an Epi, you wouldn't get me to trade my AL3500 for anything unless it was an Elite model. I can buy an AL3000 with a hard case and upgrade the pickups for what they want out of a stock Epi. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to decide what is the better value. Most of the Agile bashers you'll find on here have never even played one.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
I'd go with the AL3000 in this case. If you have the full price limit of the Epiphone Les Paul Custom I would step it up even further to the AL-4000 for the maple top but the AL-3000 is a great guitar in its own right. You probably wouldn't miss the maple top so definately consider the AL-3000. If you end up hating it send it back to Kurt. He has amazing customer service.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.