I hate making tough decisions...

Here's the deal.. My and a friend of mine (bassists) are going to be starting up a band soon. I'm going over to our possible future drummers house sometime soon to hear him play, and to make sure he's good enough. I have another one of my friends (friend 1) that plays guitar and he came over today and he is pretty good. I also have another friend (friend 2) that has a guitar that plays sorta good I guess. And I have a guitar... I'm better then friend 2 at guitar, but friend 1 is a bit better then me.

Now here is my problem.. I have my bassist, no doubt, and the drummer is probably gonna be there person I'm thinking of. But right now it's me, friend 1 and 2 up for guitars.. Now I get a spot as guitarist because I am one of the 2 people starting the band.. and me and the bassist already decided. Friend 2 is being a little weird towards me right now, like he is trying to make me angry it seems, so he isn't really begging for my vote right now.. and I think he thinks that he has a sure place in the band.. Ugh, so I'm pretty sure that friend 1 would just take it like a man and suck it up if he didn't make it in, but I'm pretty sure friend 2 would hate me and act like a loser.

Ugh.. can you guys think of any ways I can pick one and not regret the decision later..

Thanks..
Last edited by Maggot66 at Mar 4, 2007,
Ditch friend 2. You can't be in a band with someone who is going to try to push your buttons all the time.
have em fight to the death!
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
make them have a guitar off
lol
then friend 2 will know friend1's the better guitarist and he wont be all pissed if you dont let him in the band
its clear. pick friend 1: he's better and a nicer guy.

what are you doing having friends like friend 2 anyways???, acting like a little bitch and all. if he were a true friend he wouldnt care
It'll be like that episode of Doug where he tries to make a band and has like 7 guitarists. You have to cover that song too.
make one of them do vocals! always works.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Thanks people, I guess your right about friend 2... I just hate making more enemies then I have to.

Quote by nick83
make them have a guitar off
lol
then friend 2 will know friend1's the better guitarist and he wont be all pissed if you dont let him in the band

That could work, I'm kinda doing something like that making them both learn the same song and hearing them play it.

Quote by DaveDaThrasha
have em fight to the death!

That could be interesting, but friend 2 would loser, friend 1 is crazy, lol
Quote by becker009
its clear. pick friend 1: he's better and a nicer guy.

what are you doing having friends like friend 2 anyways???, acting like a little bitch and all. if he were a true friend he wouldnt care

+1
battle royal!
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Freind 2 is an asshole. It will make drama and really **** things up.

Plus, how are you judging skill? Is freind one better at writing music and conveying emotion through sound than freind 2?

Usually assholes only understand SPEEDSPEEDPSEEDSPEEDMETALGRAHHEVILEVILIHATEYOUGARRGARRGARR when writing stuff like solos and riffs.
this is a pretty easy decision, easy going and good on guitar guy or bitchy asshole who has no emotion... hmmmm

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Quote by UniverseZero
this is a pretty easy decision, easy going and good on guitar guy or bitchy asshole who has no emotion... hmmmm

lol,

Mr.Bass came over today and we were talking about it, and he is learning towards the non being weird guy too..
Quote by CDubDSP
It'll be like that episode of Doug where he tries to make a band and has like 7 guitarists. You have to cover that song too.

exactly what i was thinking!
Depends on what you enjoy more, friends or music.
Tommorow never knows

Member of the "I Can't (and Refuse To) Shred" Club. PM joshsirjoshules to join.

Member of the Grateful DeadFan Club. PM deadhead313 to join

Put and end to Racism!
you dont "have" to be the guitarist. if you want to thats fine dont get me wrong. just dont make the decision "oh im definitly the guitarist" and then rule out the possibility of having someone better than you. just saying. but go with the better player. bad player will understand.
Try having 2 guitarists, see how it sounds
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Um, threadstarter, are you borderline retarded or just like random attention?

You give us 2 choices, Good or Bad, isn't it obvious which one will be chosen? You've obviously made up your mind and yet you want random people on the internet to "help" you.

Dumbass.
Quote by Horebane
Um, threadstarter, are you borderline retarded or just like random attention?

You give us 2 choices, Good or Bad, isn't it obvious which one will be chosen? You've obviously made up your mind and yet you want random people on the internet to "help" you.

Dumbass.

Your cool, I talk stuff out, even if I solve it myself, it's how I do shit, so piss off if you don't want to help.

Quote by METSOAD
Try having 2 guitarists, see how it sounds

Thats the point... I want 2, not 3.
which one out of your mates is best at singing?
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!