Page 1 of 2
So, today, my dad decided to take me off of guitar and all electronic devices for nearly two months, as my grades supposedly weren't up to muster. To tell you the truth, I can barely play guitar anymore these days, as it seems that whatever I do, my dad takes me off of it. So, when I get back on, I try to work my chops back up, and just when I do, I'm not allowed to play anymore. Plus, my dad hates it when I play at any time, especially when he's working, which is almost 24 hours a day. He gets up at 7 A.M., and usually goes to bed around 3-4 A.M. That and he won't give me any monetary support for gear or anything, and now that the electronics on my Epiphone are wearing out, I'm screwed. So, unless I find time to get on at school or at a friend's house or something, I won't see you guys until around my birthday or later.
my best wishes.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Sucks...well see you then
[/spam]

Freeze...WTF?
Member #1 of the I Poker club. PM Highvoltage45 to join.
^bummer, dood.

What to do: Get famous in a punk or pop outfit and stiff him when he's an old man. Punk/pop cuz they're easier to play.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
umm pwnage? but seriously best of luck
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
My dad sodomizes me...
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Your dad stays in the house all day...?

Quote by .
Plus, my dad hates it when I play at any time, especially when he's working
Can't you just play quietly...?
Quote by The Casualty
That's what you get for not paying attention in school.

Wait youre kidding right? If not then you are one of those adults that fuc-king forgot what it's fuc-king like to be a fuc-king kid.

Dude, find a friend and move in with him or something. Don't ever give up on guitar...

Good luck..
Sounds like you need to hit more books and play less guitar. Also, most amps have headphone jacks...use them. You must be spoiled if you expect your dad to just give you things. Get a job! Stop being a whiny little brat and grow up. Life will only get harder kid.
Quote by Jonjy2
Wait youre kidding right? If not then you are one of those adults that fuc-king forgot what it's fuc-king like to be a fuc-king kid.
Yes, because it's definitely impossible for a young person to take school seriously

And st-op usi-ng un-neces-sary hy-phens.
And before anyone calls me a spoiled brat, my dad was never there for me when I was younger. He was too concerned with work to give a rat's ass about his family, and now that he's self-employed, barely making a cent, with an MBA from Vanderbilt, he just sits around and yells at me.
Quote by Jonjy2

Dude, find a friend and move in with him or something. Don't ever give up on guitar...

Good luck..

When I was a kid, I payed attention in school, and fucking graduated. I also accepted the fact that I had to earn shit, and my parents couldn't always be there because they worked to support the household.
Quote by yawn
Yes, because it's definitely impossible for a young person to take school seriously

And st-op usi-ng un-neces-sary hy-phens.

I did the hyphens so it wouldn't get blotched'd out...

But seriously, I am in school and I play guitar. But wtf does a parent think they're doing if they're banning me/a kid from guitar??

I can understand a computer. But a guitar? That is completely useful. Maybe the threadstarter should work harder at school. But wtf. You just don't take someone's guitar away.
Quote by The Casualty
When I was a kid, I payed attention in school, and fucking graduated. I also accepted the fact that I had to earn shit, and my parents couldn't always be there because they worked to support the household.

I dont expect my parents to pay for my stuff either. But I wasnt talking about that part. I meant about taking his guitar away...
Quote by Jonjy2
I can understand a computer. But a guitar? That is completely useful. Maybe the threadstarter should work harder at school. But wtf. You just don't take someone's guitar away.
Pfft, a computer is infinitely more useful than a guitar...
Kill yourself.
My rig, homes:
Godin Freeway Floyd w/ Bill Lawrence XL-500 in bridge
Dunlop Wylde Wah
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Crate XT120R
SIT Strings 9-42
Dunlop Gator Grip picks 1.5mm

Want:
MIM Telecaster
Ibanez RG 1570
Crate Blue Voodoo
In parents eyes: If they like it...take it away as a punishment.
[/spam]

Freeze...WTF?
Member #1 of the I Poker club. PM Highvoltage45 to join.
Quote by yawn
Pfft, a computer is infinitely more useful than a guitar...

But dude, a guitar is usefil. and yea i know a computer is useful too. But a guitar is progress, its a way to vent...It's encouraging...It's like the one thing that no one should be able to stop when you play guitar...
my my my, there sure are many people's breath in here whose breath smells like similac. time to change your diapers everyone and stop stealing my oxygen. play your guitar. study in school, but please, not necessarily in that order so my tax dollars dont go to support your valtrex supply. thank you and have a day
ya my parents do that to me. bad grades and shit, the guitar and computer are the main two things. im more of a techie, always on the computer. but they also know that guitar is also my religion. so both are punishment
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
And before anyone calls me a spoiled brat, my dad was never there for me when I was younger. He was too concerned with work to give a rat's ass about his family, and now that he's self-employed, barely making a cent, with an MBA from Vanderbilt, he just sits around and yells at me.

Here we go. Millions of people have it a hundred times harder then you ever will. You are blessed with an incredible opportunity to go to school and educate yourself. Compared to the world you are extremely spoiled. Don't start giving us crap about how your dad wasn't there for you. God I hate Americans.
Do your homework and study for tests, nubcake. Your dad is trying to teach you that working hard and getting good grades is important and pays off more than sitting on your ass and not getting it done.

/sits on ass and doesn't finish Spanish essay
As a senior in highschool who plays guitar at home 95% of the time I play, I have 2 pieces of advice.

1.) Use your headphone jack. Use it untill it melts.
2.) Learn some easy older song that your dad likes, and you'll get brownie points. If you play cranked speed metal all day, no wonder your dad took your guitar. I spent 90 secconds learning the chord progression for "Sounds of Silence", and earned 6 months of guitar approval from my mom. Easy as pie.

Oh, number three. Don't worry if your Epi's electronics are melting...it happens, man. Unless you're a tone freak or regular gigger, you'll be fine.

In conclusion, never ask for advice in The Pit.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
As a senior in highschool who plays guitar at home 95% of the time I play, I have 2 pieces of advice.

1.) Use your headphone jack. Use it untill it melts.
2.) Learn some easy older song that your dad likes, and you'll get brownie points. If you play cranked speed metal all day, no wonder your dad took your guitar. I spent 90 secconds learning the chord progression for "Sounds of Silence", and earned 6 months of guitar approval from my mom. Easy as pie.

Oh, number three. Don't worry if your Epi's electronics are melting...it happens, man. Unless you're a tone freak or regular gigger, you'll be fine.

In conclusion, never ask for advice in The Pit.

+1 on everything ^^
kill him and eat him

seriously, its not like school counts for anything these days
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Holy Katana
He did. All of this starts tomorrow.
...don't you need a computer for school?
true dat JC13
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
Quote by The Casualty

So, how do you know that he doesn't earn good goods by working hard and his dad just wants them to be higher? Maybe he works really hard, and maybe he will easily graduate...

You just look for things to attack people for don't you?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.

So, how do you know that he doesn't earn good goods by working hard and his dad just wants them to be higher? Maybe he works really hard, and maybe he will easily graduate...

i hate when that happens. you've always done above average, so now thats your average. you dont do perfect, your doing very bad, and things get taken away.

my parents arent extremely like that, thank god. Ik people that are, and half the time i am to myself.
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

Quote by chieftanec
Here we go. Millions of people have it a hundred times harder then you ever will. You are blessed with an incredible opportunity to go to school and educate yourself. Compared to the world you are extremely spoiled. Don't start giving us crap about how your dad wasn't there for you. God I hate Americans.

+1

however, i do agree that you just cant take someones guitar away from them, i love my dad, but if he took my guitar away id fist fight him for it. And im not kidding at all, without guitar i dont know what id do.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by CanadaHckyDude
i hate when that happens. you've always done above average, so now thats your average. you dont do perfect, your doing very bad, and things get taken away.

my parents arent extremely like that, thank god. Ik people that are, and half the time i am to myself.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Some parents expect more than their child may be able to give, and sometimes they hinder their performance by putting unecessary pressure on them.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
theres only one resonable way to handle this. set him on fire
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
Alright everyone is getting all excited about all this stuff. honestly,

yes, you SHOULD of payed attention in school but everyone is being hypocritical when they say that, they never payed attention 100 percent of the time. Perhaps it was just a lack of effort.

second about you dad taking away your guitar, i don't see why he should. Its productive, meaningful, keeps you away from trouble, and its something you probably truely love.

i would'nt take it away from my kid, honestly.

but i guess you'll have to put up with it for the time being. As a counter productive activity you could always read music theory. at school, a friend's house, etc.
"You know honestly, i don't see myself getting any faster. I mean, you can only hear so much."
-Eddie Van Halen
Sounds like you've just about lost everything
I say: give your dad hell about it
It's not a big deal that he won't pay for your stuff, that's normal, but he shouldn't take it away completely. I have an idea: ask him if you can have an alotted time to play guitar every day, then you don't have to worry about losing your chops while your waiting to get your axe back, and he can have the satisfaction of thinking he's helping you with your schoolwork (whether he is or not is up to you). If you can play with headphones, that's a card you can play in your negotiations w/him, anything but a total ban on your guitar playing.
If this doesn't work, just be a pain to your dad anytime you can. It's not like you've got anything more to lose, right?
Just make sure that you keep it nice and pretty when you ask him for an alotted guitar time. If you act all cocky about it, you'll lose out for sure
Good luck

EDIT: Are you still on Holy Katana?
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Last edited by EVH_iS_g0d at Mar 5, 2007,
Page 1 of 2