Ok here is my problem i need some help figuring out what to do. Ok so in my band it is me on guitar and two other people on bass and drums so yeah we need a singer pretty badly. we are planning to have a show in the next 4 months some time, we cant find anyone to be our singer ad we've been looking a lot. So i don't know if i should try singing because I'm not very good, so what do you guys think, would it be better to play the show with some bad singing or to just not play the show untill we actually found a singer
dont book a gig if you dont have a complete band... seriously. Get a singer if you ever plan on having one, or if you want to be instrumental than go ahead and do it. But don't do it with a temp vocalist.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
the gig isnt booked its just if we dont play it in the next 4 months we wont be able to play it at all
and you shouldnt play it at all if you arent ready to. And if you're a band that uses vocals without a vocalist, you aren't ready. Get it?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
i get it but that wasnt really my question my question was what is better bad vocals or nothing
And I gave you an answer, and you chose to ignore it so you could get a gig for the sake of getting a gig.

My answer was if you plan on being a primarily instrumental band, go ahead and do nothing. If you plan on being your typical band with 95% of the songs with vocals, then don't waste your time. That was your answer.
Quote by casualty01

BA in Music theory

Quote by waterproofpie
well in some cases it is bad vocals but playing an instrumental set means you must be demon guitar players who can do whatever the hell tey want
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!