Here is just a little reminder of what its all about guys. everybody sees how money driven everything in the music industry is and how its all about image now. I think everyone on this site should take 10 minutes of there time and re-inspire themselves, and remember why you started playin the guitar in the first place.

Heres how i do it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0mOAm_G6WSQ

thats when it used to be all about the music. I dread the fact that i was born in the 80's just because i will never see a concert as powerful as that one.

So HERES TO THE MUSIC
Quote by capsfan17
you think girls are confusing, try eating a refrigirator, now that was confusing
Uh the reason I started in the first place was not for music. It was for girls and money and fame. After getting older it became about the music, but honetly who picks up the guitar as a teen "for the music". Its always originally for the money or for girls.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Quote by powerstroke
Uh the reason I started in the first place was not for music. It was for girls and money and fame. After getting older it became about the music, but honetly who picks up the guitar as a teen "for the music". Its always originally for the money or for girls.

Plenty of people pick up guitar to play the music they love, as well as for other reasons. So yes it actually can be about the music.
Quote by gflip69
Someone called me on my landline (home phone) and asked me where I was.
Quote by Yamiyo
Plenty of people pick up guitar to play the music they love, as well as for other reasons. So yes it actually can be about the music.

+1
Playing guitar "just for girls" is a really stereotypical way of thinking. I did it for the music. I wanted to play the music I grew up with and loved. Money and girls never came into the equation.

Besides,I dont need a guitar to get girls or money.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Obviously many of us that frequent this site do play for the music. It's not like many of us are big rock stars that have lost our way and need a revival. Many people here are teens and are just realizing what real music is for the first time. For many of us it will just remain a heartfelt hobby, even if it is to impress the local girls or play horrible covers for our friends.

Some of us will be happy never leaving the garage, playing local talent shows, or frequenting a pub and bar for what is more a donation than a paycheck. So I think it's the right idea for what you're trying to say about remembering the music, but for a lot of us, we haven't had the chance to lose sight of it.
Just look at all the bands today, My Chemical Romance having Queen as an influence being more prominent in their music, same with The Used with Zeppelin, and Trivium with Metallica.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Quote by powerstroke

Since when? i started when i was in my first year of senior school (high school) and it was because i loved the music and the sound of the guitar.

Sorry i think your totally wrong, hopefully most of the guys here will agree.

EDIT: ^+1, that song pisses me off a bit
I'd tend to agree that you *can* pick up guitar just for music, and many people do. However, despite your original intent, if you ever have played live at all (and were some form of "not bad" to listen to) you'll realize that guitar for some reason seems to draw girls to you. Don't ask me why (though guitars are sexy.. I can understand), but it happens. Now although I would never play music just for this effect, or purposely try to woo some girl through it, it can get to a lot of younger musicians (and even older ones!) quite easily. In the end though, you gotta keep remembering it's for the music, and that most of the time groupies or whatever you would like to call them aren't into you for you if it's just a byproduct of the guitar.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
i agree that many teenagers pick up the guitar to be "cool".. but i picked up guitar when i was 15 and i am now 17 and it has always been about the music to me... ive always enjoyed listening to music and i wanted to be able to create my own
Quote by Duff_McGee
Except stairway to heaven sucks

You are a bad person.
Anyway most people pick up guitar for money girls and fame. I didn't pick up the guitar for those things, I did it for the music, and my love of playing it.
I play for the music . And I think it's guitarist who attracts the girl and not the guitar. If you're bald and fat and play guitar I don't think you're concidered sexy by any girl. Remember the "he's soo HAWT!!!" mindset is far more popular than the "he's such a dedicated musician" mindset.
I picked out the guitar out of spite for my sister, whom my parents had bought an acoustic for and she played it for a few months then quit. I then took the guitar and started to teach myself chords from the sheets she got from lessons she had taken.

Then eventually my parents bought me an electric and it's been win ever since.

The first song I ever learned to play (however it was very badly) was Strawberry Wine by Dana Carter (or something like that).

Lolz.