Poll: Would you risk your life for someone else?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you risk your life for someone else?
Yes
241 90%
No
26 10%
Voters: 267.
Page 1 of 3
Well? Would you be able to risk your life or even give your life in order to save someone else (doesn't matter who it is, may be loved one, etc)
I know you said it doesn't matter but for me it really would depend on the person/situation...
depends on who for me.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
gotta say it would depend on the person for me
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
i'd probably do it without thinking much....but i sure hope it's someone i love.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I guess it would depend on who, that sounds really bad, but everyone of us knows there's someone you'd rather live instead of jump infront of a bullet for them But, if it was someone like my girlfriend or a friend of mine, yes, with no hesitation.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Im not worried about death, I have my faith. yes i would, doesn't matter to me, I'd rather be in heaven anyway
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
Horse Shit :d
Gear
Jackson Dinky (Yeah)
Crate Flexwave 120 Head (Yeah)
Randall RX412 (Yeah)
Quote by Metallica12_12
Im not worried about death, I have my faith. yes i would, doesn't matter to me, I'd rather be in heaven anyway

I'm religious too but how are you so sure you'll end up in heaven? -_-
Alright, whos the bastard that voted no! !!!!!!! show yourself coward!

J/P why do you think I made it a private poll.
Quote by The Casualty
Yes. Only one person voted no, I'm shocked. I expected more self-centered people on tonight.

Or maybe most voters wasn't sure whether or not it was a private poll so they voted yes just to look better.
Yes, but it depends on the person
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
I'm not too sure. You really don't know till it's happening.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I value my life a lot so no I wouldn't unless this person was really really important to me.
Really depends on the situation and the person like a lot of people have said. Like if someone was about to shoot my mom, I'd jump in front of a bullet. Now someone try's to shoot 50 Cent or Fidel Castro, by all means...I'm stepping aside.
Honestly, I'd try my best to save them, regardless of who they were.

A human is human, and no one deserves to die.
No. Well - depends on the risk. If it were guaranteed death, then no.

If it were to save half of humanity, dying in the process, then I would.
if a person was shooting at someone i didnt know. id prob tackle him or call ambos. :P or if it was a bestie. id rape the shooter. or think of somehting on the spot.

but srsly. we might be saying we will. but really itll depend on the situation
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
Fvck no. I wouldnt give my life up for anyone unless they were loved ones. Very few people i love, my mom dad and sister...
While I believe I'd be willing to die for someone else, clicking yes in a poll is different than doing the act. It's entirely possible that when the moment came my decision would be different. Also I suppose it would depend on the person. If it was someone who used to push me around 10 years ago in school who I still dislike with a passion? I'd let him die. No second thought. Does that make me a bad person? Maybe, but I still wouldn't care if the bastard died.
Depends on person/situation, but apart from that, probably yes.
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Quote by TimmyPage06
No. Well - depends on the risk. If it were guaranteed death, then no.

Dude if it was guaranteed it wouldn't be a "risk"

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Yes, I would for this girl but she doesn't even care. I told her I would and that I'd always love her not even a week before some guy who treated her like crap asked her out and she said yes.

I felt and still feel betrayed
yep. I'm religious, and at my church, people are always talking about putting others before yourself, so i definitely would. Except if it was this one guy at my school who picks on all the nicest and poorest kids in the school. Hes a racist and hates all religious people, smokes, and carries a knife. I swear if he was about to be killed, others would join in on the beating. hes the biggest dick.
If a LIGHT sleeper sleeps with a LIGHT on, does a HARD sleeper sleep with a HARD on?

If it were a very small number of my friends, or my family then I would. While I agree with a life is a life and none should be wasted, why risk wasting my own, rather than one that means nothing to me?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
its not really a straight up yes or no answer, i mean you can never really know until it happens
My Gear:

Ibanez RGT42FX
Fender Strat Copy
Ashton Quarter Size Classical
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Multi-FX Pedal
FAB Metal Pedal
Two Hands
I agree with the people who say that you can't really know until it happens.

If anyone's seen the episode of King of Queens ... which is a decent show ... where the plane almost crashes or w/e and Doug grabs the last air mask thing and doesn't worry about his wife ... I mean that could totally crush your view of someone, and if I reacted like that, it would completely change my view of myself.

Everything I know about myself and believe in tells me I wouldn't react that way, but really, how can you know for sure till you've been there?
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Quote by MarkPlaysStuff
I agree with the people who say that you can't really know until it happens.

If anyone's seen the episode of King of Queens ... which is a decent show ... where the plane almost crashes or w/e and Doug grabs the last air mask thing and doesn't worry about his wife ... I mean that could totally crush your view of someone, and if I reacted like that, it would completely change my view of myself.

Everything I know about myself and believe in tells me I wouldn't react that way, but really, how can you know for sure till you've been there?

Or like that episode of Seinfeld where there's a fire and George pushes everyone aside to get out.
I would for any friends or relatives. I would think twice if it was a stranger though. If the situation would put me in direct risk of death saving them I wouldnt try but I would get the help of trained proffessionals (police ambulance and the likes). If there was a risk of injury (serious but not life threatening) then I would risk helping someone. Im situational when it comes to help.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I would risk it for someone, just depending on the situation and what i thought was right or watever. Like if a man had a gun pointed at someone id help rush him with some others. Im not frightend of death cause its gonna happen and i mose well go out in a way people will remeber me for.
Page 1 of 3