Page 1 of 2
so why did you decide to pick up the git-fiddle and start playing?

i wanted to inspire people if i could,

and boobies of course.
"You know honestly, i don't see myself getting any faster. I mean, you can only hear so much."
-Eddie Van Halen
Boobies? Why would you play guitar for boobies? I go to a ****ing party for boobies.

IDK what kind of guitar YOU'RE playing, but if you get boobies, please, I'll buy a signed copy.
Marijuana is the spice of life.

I Force Choke my penis when I masturbate.

8)-~
To get chicks!!!!! Cause thats the way to go right?

Nah, I started because originally I wanted to learn write songs but after 3 weeks of struggles, I finally realized that it would be impossible without an instrument, so I picked guitar since a Piano would be too expensive and too much of a hassle to purchase. I love my guitar though
Last edited by S)E-Javelin at Mar 5, 2007,
haha, boobies. I started playing cause my dad used to play and he used to amaze me with his mad skills on the guitar when i was a kid so I was like, man, I gotta try that.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
To get chicks.
I did 'cause I wanted to try something more metal oriented than keyboards.
Quote by MatrixClaw
haha, boobies. I started playing cause my dad used to play and he used to amaze me with his mad skills on the guitar when i was a kid so I was like, man, I gotta try that.

Word.
Marijuana is the spice of life.

I Force Choke my penis when I masturbate.

8)-~
My dad bought the AC/DC Live Cd and the first song was thunderstruck and i was just thunderstrucket! It was sow cool! So after that i picked up the guitar.
in all honesty i wanted to do something different

i mean i wanted a guitar as a kid...but i come from an academic/athletic oriented family...my brother is a mad soccer player...and after awhile i didnt want to be held to the same standard in extra curriculars

so i picked up the guitar i had been given years earlier and had ignored for in pursuit of glory on the soccer pitch and hockey rinks...and just started playing...

turns out everyone and their grandma plays guitar...so much for being different
i was bored one day and my dads old sg was sitting around so i got my friend to show me smoke on the water haha and i just caught on
i wanted to play bass originally but then my granparents like went mad and told me to learn proper guitar first...and i'm glad they said so!! and ofcourse boobies lol

MatrixClaw, where do you have the battery and the pre amp in your sg? cos i wanna get some emgs but dunno where to stick the frickin battery!! lol
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
Last edited by ledcaveman at Mar 5, 2007,
Gene Simmons once said that all young teenage boys start playing the guitar to pick up chicks..... and he was right, but to be honest, ive just always had a bit of a natural ability with music, having learned several instruments before guitar. but in all simplicity, i started my rocking with a cheapo bass, and just wanted two more strings....
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
I remember the first time I was inspired to play guitar seriously. I had played bass for about a year with my friends because they said I could play with them if I played bass, so that was just to do it. I was driving with my mom one day and we were listening to the radio. Well, a song came on that litterally moved me and that song was Dream On by Aerosmith. After that I got a guitar to go with my bass and I never looked back. But to this day, that is still my favorite all time song just because of it's impact on me.
Meh I guess I just felt like it and was looking for something fun/new to do. I really like music so I figured why not.

Plus my parents love music and they helped me into it alot, glad they did, guitar is one of the best things i've ever done.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
cause' mum wouldn't let me play drums. I'm glad she didn't though. Stupid drummers. =P
I started playing guitar cause my parents said no to drums and bass...thats all that was left
Dimebag inspired me to learn how to play guitar and I felt that being able to inspire others with my music would be cool too.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
cause i wanted to play guitar?
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
Well, my buddy got caught with some weed at school and his mom said the only way she would let him out of the house was if he was in a band. So naturally we decided to get a band together with my other friend who played a bit of guitar. I was supposed to play my harmonica, but I couldn't find it so when I got to his house he said I could use one of his guitars.

So our band was me on lead guitar(after playing for like 5 minutes), my other friend on rhythm, and the last guy playing the recorder and singing.

The band only lasted for like a week, but I've been playing guitar ever since.
Quote by Borat
Well, my buddy got caught with some weed at school and his mom said the only way she would let him out of the house was if he was in a band. So naturally we decided to get a band together with my other friend who played a bit of guitar. I was supposed to play my harmonica, but I couldn't find it so when I got to his house he said I could use one of his guitars.

So our band was me on lead guitar(after playing for like 5 minutes), my other friend on rhythm, and the last guy playing the recorder and singing.

The band only lasted for like a week, but I've been playing guitar ever since.

lol, that band wouldve been a weird sight
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
I had always wanted to play, but for some reason, when I was younger, I was embarassed to admit it. Kinda wierd, looking back and thinking "why did that bother me?" but I'm over it now, I am completlely obsessed with guitar. In fact, it's 1:00 in the morning right now and I should be finishing my homework instead of surfing UG!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
I remember when I first saw Pete Townshend do his "Windmill" technique and then he started pouding on the guitar. I was amazed.

Then then Jimmy Page came along.

This is what got me going.
It looked fun.

Actually, I just remebered my first time walking in to a guitar center. I was going to gte my first guitar but I didn't really start playing till 2 years later. Well, anyway when I walked in a I saw this guy who was like 17-18 and he was just shreddin the guitar, playing so friggin fast. From what I remember he just looked at me and had that "Yeah I'm good" smile on his face and I was just like, "Someday I'll be sittin there and some kid will look and me and I'll do the same".
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Last edited by MedicreDemon at Mar 5, 2007,
Cause my friend started playing guitar, and then I realized how great it was to play guitar
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Pretty much the same reason I played the drums: I love the beat of my Bass as much as the drums too
reo speedwagon concert back in '03. i was like "pentatonics on a goldtop lp?! MUST DO!"
I will fuc
When I was like 8 my brother had an old acoustic guitar lying around and I always got it out of its gig bag and strum it like a madman with all the strings open. A couple of years later I asked my mom if I could get some lessons.... END OF STORY

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
To save the world.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
I played it because i wanted to be able to play the music i enjoy and piano just couldnt do that. Also because i get a great feeling inside when i learn to play a song and do it right, just makes me happy.
my grandfather had been in bands since my mom was a kid and there was 11 guitars in the living room, so i wanted to learn
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
I started because we were required to play an instrument for music class in 2004. I had the choice of guitar (then if we got 'good enough' the teacher would allow us to go onto electric guitar), bass, drums and keyboard.

I chose the guitar, and although at first it was for school, I loved it straight away and I haven't stopped playing.

Originally posted by DirgeForTheSun
no its impossible the guitar would probably blow up and you'd get AIDS

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
wasn't allowed to get a drum kit...

I'm so glad I <3 guitaring
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
when my brother dylan got one of those really cool lookin might i add old kent studio guitars
i was jealous about a year or 2 later i got a bc rich mocking bird that im holding right now and playing.
I started taking a basic guitar class my senior year of high school because I needed an elective. I became obsessed with it very quickly.
Death to Ovation haters!
I played drums for around 8 years and got bored playing to an MP3 and not being able to mkae songs...the keyboard does not sound anything like a guitar either.........

so I talked to my cousin who has been playing guitar for about 7 years now and he got me hooked on guitar.
Page 1 of 2