iam not bad, but iam not the best. But i think its time i learn a nice guitar solo, i m not to bad nad have been playing for a year, and have had lessons on and off. Iam not sure whats a good fast solo to start with. Would iron man be good? Iam looking forward to learning one, but not tos ure where to start. I want one that isnt really hard, but isnt easy.
there are posts on this actually, but I learned SOAD's Psycho and Smoke on the Water's (not all of that one yet), and I thought they were pretty simple.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
something like the first solo of Fade To Black or something. It's not fast and it's not hard.
Wolfmother - Pyramid or Where Eagles Have Been.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Learn Teen Spirit solo, thats so easy it made me laugh, i learnt it after playing for about 2 days.

If thats too easy, go for a slightly harder one like Dude by Tenacious D, Thats an ace blues solo and its easy to play.

If you want harder play Sweet Child o' Mine solo, thats a really easy begginging, and slightly harder at the end.

If not that then learn the intro, thats an ace riff and is unbeleivably easy

BUT don't jump the gun, learn the way around the guitar first, and learn some theory. I had been playing for 4 years before i even touched theory, big mistake.

Good luck dude.
This is my Myspace
Quote by Pink_blood
you know shoes are a very serious matter.
Hitler couldn't have invaded Poland without shoes. Yeah you think about that!

Quote by Metallica708

Oh my god.
I knew I had a long lost brother
hey joe. simple 12 bar shit.
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
SOAD's streamline is good, too. Simple to play, but it still sounds nice..

Yeah, I suck at solos too
5 Minutes Alone. No, no, hear me out. Now, Dimebag is known for his crazy leads. but this one is pretty simple actually. It opens with some blues licks followed by a banana tremolo run with some real wide bends and a short melodic phrasing. Cue some more blues licks and a scream harmonic, and voila, an awesome and easy solo.

Also, check out Sanitarium and Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, great stuff.
Teen Spirit is really easy.

Livin Lovin Maid (shes just a woman) has an easy solo

the solo to Hard Days Night is REALLY easy.
I started out by learning a boatload of Zeppelin solos (the easiers ones). Some of these include Achilles Last Stand, Celebration Day, The Ocean, and In The Evening (I particularly like that solo because of the awesome breakout into slow, feely mode towards the end).
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I would suggest the wildly overplayed Stairway to Heaven solo. It was the first solo that I learned. There aren't any really difficult maneuvers to master (such as tapping, pinch harmonics, etc.) and for me, there was only 1 really tricky part to get down. Also, there are many accurate tabs on this one (if you don't already have one) as it is a heavily discussed/studied song by beginners, so you should be able to find help easily on any area you have trouble with.
Originally Posted by self-made_page
Trilogy Suite: Opus 5 - Yngwie Malmsteen. Your girlfriend will demand you have wild sex with her wherever you are.
You Shook Me All Night Long is an easy solo
slow but not too slow so u can show off a little to ur friends ;]
its on basic G minor pentatonics
so yea and theres accurate tabs on this one too.
it's one of the songs i learned right away.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
the freedom solo by Rage is hard at like one point but that's it, also try tangerine by Led Zeppelin short and sweet.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
paranoid - black sabbath the whole song is fun to play and the solo is easy as hell as its in the first shape of e pentatonic so you can learn it or beter learn the pattern and improvise to it.
Quote by Metallica798
Learn Teen Spirit solo, thats so easy it made me laugh, i learnt it after playing for about 2 days.

If thats too easy, go for a slightly harder one like Dude by Tenacious D, Thats an ace blues solo and its easy to play.

If you want harder play Sweet Child o' Mine solo, thats a really easy begginging, and slightly harder at the end.

If not that then learn the intro, thats an ace riff and is unbeleivably easy

BUT don't jump the gun, learn the way around the guitar first, and learn some theory. I had been playing for 4 years before i even touched theory, big mistake.

Good luck dude.

I would have to agree Smells Like Teen Spirit is a very simple solo. Just listen to a song and try to imagine playing. You can learn anything you want, just start big.
Quote by gmoney3
something like the first solo of Fade To Black or something. It's not fast and it's not hard.

It's actually quite fast and hard... in my opinion

I'd suggest something very simple, easy enough for you to be able to concentrate on putting some feeling into it and for you to be able to enjoy it and make it yours.

For example (I don't know what you're into but): The kids aren't alright, smells, californication, lots of rhcp..
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.