I have a Laney HCM15R atm... my 1st amp! (have had it for a bit less than a year) and I'm wondering, is it good for begginers, what kind of amp is it, etc.

Also, I heard it was good to crank up the amp up to... 80-90% of it's level but I barely get over 5-10% most of the time because I practice in my bedroom and I have neighbours/parents(apartment lol)... so should i say **** off and crank it up?? is it a such big difference in tone??

also, if I use it only for practice and maybe band practice later, am I gonna need a bigger amp?? if so, what should I get?? I've just got a job and I can get 100$/weekend so that means I can afford pretty much any amp under 400.... I don't wanna go over 400 because well, it'd be too expensive for nothing (I think.. if not, tell me why!)

Thanks!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
hahaha
just get a chance when u actually get to crank it.
i'm not sure if it's all tube, but if it is, u should crank it.
if its not, keep it at low volume.

im not sure what kinda music u play but i don't think a Fender Blues Jr. would fail u.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I like to play mostly metal but I play some clean arppegios/chords sometimes...

---EDIT---
As for the tubes/non-tubes question, I have no idea... how do I know it?? I once went to a guitar shop and the dude had to let the amp "heat" before using it... he said it was because it was a blabla kind of amp... I didn't really understand.. but I can tell that all I need to do to play is switch the button to ON and it's ready... if that can help you!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
I guess you don't have tubes then.. But you still might wanna try to turn it up. It can make a pretty big difference still, even though it's not tube.