so i was looking at getting a tube amp but now a much as i hate it ive realised that i can't affort one yet. so im back in the SS range so what would be the best SS amp for about $450aus i was thinking the vox ad30vt or if i can ad50vt as ive heard there pritty good havnt tried 1 yet though. i play classic rock and blues and have a fender 60th MIM strat
I have an AD30VT and I love it. It has great tone, even with my shitty $150 dollar guitar, and you can get a wide range of different sounds with it. I play lots of classic rock too, so basically I would recommend it.
Quote by Borat
I have an AD30VT and I love it. It has great tone, even with my shitty $150 dollar guitar, and you can get a wide range of different sounds with it. I play lots of classic rock too, so basically I would recommend it.

NICE!!!!
The Voxes are a good choice for what you're after. I'd reccomend either one of them or one of the Roland Cubes.
I've got a MIM Strat too (not 60th though) with at AD50VT. Very nice setup if you ask me. I bought it for it's nice cleans, especially with my Epi 335, but after playing with it I found that it's got really nice distorted sounds too. I never use any of the tones past AC30 just because i think they all sound muddy. The effects are fun but if you're serious about using them you'd be better off with pedals. It pretty much goes as loud as you want it, and aside from it's weight I think it's an amazing amp.