so i have a MIM Standard Fat Strat, and i wanted to upgrade the bridge humbucker. i bought a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pickup and proceeded to take off the pickguard to install it. luckily i didn't get any further than that, because i realized that the setup my guitar currently has is that the pickup has two screws on one side and one screw on the other side. the pickup i had bought had one screw on each side. so my question is, does seymour duncan make a pearly gates pickup that i can mount in my guitar, or do i have to find a special pick guard that will fit it?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
Sir Shoelace is a sexy, sexy man.
but then there would be three holes, and it would look all messy
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
Sir Shoelace is a sexy, sexy man.
buy a new pickguard its gonna be a hell of a lot cheaper than a new duncan
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
but then there would be three holes, and it would look all messy

I agree, it's gotta look as clean as possible. Although I think it's a sacrilege to install humbuckers on Strats, I have one and I've installed a few on others. The one thing I've seen in all of them is below:

Notice the 3 holes on both sides. I've installed something similar on both MIAs and MIJs. Let's wait for the pros to chime in.