Ok so i got my bass player today!. Her names Brynn. I went to school with her last year in grade nine. We were buddies before, but man i was pumped when she said she would be in my band. She's friends with my drummer(they went to elementry together). BUT! she doesn't do her own compositions so I said "no worries ill compose for you if you like. She agreed, She plays funk. I wanted a heavy metal/hard rock band but **** it HARD FUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you guys think of this idea? A hardrock/funk band? Some hardrock and funk aspects to our songs.

Now heres the trouble.... A singer? a funk singer. wow tough one there. Anyways, just had to tell all of you. I GET MY 90w tommorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woot.
that will sound cool, but for mine and everyone elses sanitiy, lay of the exclimatiom marks
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Hard rock/funk? Like RATM? Or maybe Gang of Four?

But yeah, funk is pretty cool.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
if you are composing for her, how will her style have enough of an impact to change the sound of the band?
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by rustic_metal
if you are composing for her, how will her style have enough of an impact to change the sound of the band?
Because she knows how to play bass she just doesn't compose. Im going to work on giving her her own sound though. i want her to be the reborn version of the almight cliff burton... Jk shes good though. Her brother was in a band the whole city knew and her moms my english teacher in first period loL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what the hell is woot. someone answer my question....
Quote by U.P
what the hell is woot. someone answer my question....

that's hillarious

....wait, you're serious...
ive ignored it for too long... i must know now....lol
Lol? it just means sweet or right on. Mostly right on though. Play World of Warcraft Get 100 gold then say WOOT then u will understand the word
Alright, first, Calm down, take a breath. You seem to be drinking a bit too much coffee there bud...

Also, if she want sto play funk. Dont' JUST compose for her, compose WITH her. Teach her stuff like harmonies, chords, and general music theory so that she can write her own material for the band. So that it sounds like 3 people playing, not just one drumemr and one person playing two instruments.

The fusion idea sounds good though. One word of advice on the funk though. Slap Bass doesn't HAVE to sound like something out of Seinfeld. Try adding chorus, some mids and Bass, and other sounds. You can get a really sweet groul from slap.
Quote by Fast_Bear
Alright, first, Calm down, take a breath. You seem to be drinking a bit too much coffee there bud...

Also, if she want sto play funk. Dont' JUST compose for her, compose WITH her. Teach her stuff like harmonies, chords, and general music theory so that she can write her own material for the band. So that it sounds like 3 people playing, not just one drumemr and one person playing two instruments.

The fusion idea sounds good though. One word of advice on the funk though. Slap Bass doesn't HAVE to sound like something out of Seinfeld. Try adding chorus, some mids and Bass, and other sounds. You can get a really sweet groul from slap.

yeah im going to dude. She wont need help, shes really good at bass trust me. She just doesn;t do her own stuff. so im going to do soemthing like make up a fill in the blank bass tab for her to make to help her compose and make it a little interesting. AIIGHT?