is this a problem with my strat??
it seems like the bridge isnt inline with the nut causing the strings not to go straight down the neck. i took some pic to try and explain it better soz but the quality i used my phone.

see how the strings dont line up with the inlays

see how the strings dont line up straight at the bottom of the neck and the neck pickup

so is this a problem if so should it affect anything as its got frett buzz and i took it back to the shop and got it set up again and it still has fret buzz
dot inlays tell you quickly what fret your at... doesnt matter where they are in relation to the strings, take the Jackson performers for example which have the dots near the top of the neck. And at the pickups, my guitar is the same, dont worry.

As for the fret buzz, what is your truss rod set like? mabie the arch is wrong. Other than that the bridge might be wrong.
see on the last pic how close the 6 string is to the edge of the neck and the 1 string how far away it from the edge compared to the 6th
Can you even play on that thing!?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
looks like the neck isn't aligned properly in the pocket to me, like the headstock needs to come towards the high E a little. Easy fix for a tech.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yer im taking it 2 a pro guitar set up shop this weekend to see what they have to say. so if it is a problem sould i try and claim it under warranty as its a fault in the product due to manufacturing
Quote by Erock503
looks like the neck isn't aligned properly in the pocket to me, like the headstock needs to come towards the high E a little. Easy fix for a tech.

i seem to think its the bridge thats not lined up right
is it still under warranty? if it is then i'd say you definitely have a claim.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
That's definitely Warranty material. Take it to where you bought it and maybe they will repair or replace it for you.
what model strat?

just to help explain a little. the dots on the pickups are the POLES. they amplify the noise that the string makes when it's strummed.

so if the string as off line, the pickup isnt picking up the noise at the same volume as compared to the other strings. and ur not getting the tone u might expect.
in ur case, a lower volume on the high e string.

there are ways to conpensate for this. but you shouldnt have to in a brand new guitar.

as for the fret buzz. you would need to be specific. whats strings and frets?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
For the fret buzz you can raise the action a little.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by jj1565
what model strat?

just to help explain a little. the dots on the pickups are the POLES. they amplify the noise that the string makes when it's strummed.

so if the string as off line, the pickup isnt picking up the noise at the same volume as compared to the other strings. and ur not getting the tone u might expect.
in ur case, a lower volume on the high e string.

there are ways to conpensate for this. but you shouldnt have to in a brand new guitar.

as for the fret buzz. you would need to be specific. whats strings and frets?

its a fender 60th MIM strat, & yer i know what pick up polls are. so im hopefully taking it to a pro set up shop in adelaide to get it looked at & get there opinion on it, then if they say its a problem im taking it back to the shop i bought it from to talk about warranty. this really fuks me off as i saved up all yer to get that guitar 2