Hey im not sure if this is the right forum but anyway. I jam with a band im in and where running out of good song ideas. We need songs that arent to hard, have a good punchy riff, and can have an improvised solo. We have been playing stuff like Black Sabbath, AC/DC, the strokes and KISS.
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
how obut calming down from the punchy stuff and playing one or two songs by The Eagles?

its good to have variety in playlists.

ond oh yeah, be creative. we make our own songs, but we havent done many covers. our song's are pretty good.
smoke on the water anyone?

seriously depends on what style you are going for.... most songs can have improvised solos... just gotta extend the riff for another 16 or so counts...

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
How about some Soinc Youth? It beats the hell out of most of the music your audience is probably familiar with.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
for long extended impro play freebird (we do!!!!!)
Quote by yawn
Wikipedia articles are my inspiration.

www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Custom Strat
Roland Cube 30 (soon upgrading to Peavy Valveking 112)
Danelectro FAB Metal
Marshall VT-1

RIP Chris Benoit
this does actualy belong in the band leading forum i do belive so remember that for next time, but for some songs, maybe find a few slower songs from those bands or others. A setlist should have slower songs in it as well as faster ones.
Im gunna go with kasabian, the have damn punchy riffs and i think you could improv a good solo over some of their songs.
The Small Print - Muse
Anything by T.Rex.
Some Metallica...

But hey, why not write your own songs? I mean, it's what most people do. Just wondering...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
You should pick songsthat people actually know.

So Rocking in the free world is a good choice and its easy.
You should pick songsthat people actually know.

So Rocking in the free world is a good choice and its easy.
Red hot chili peppers - Under the bridge
Overkill - elimination
megadeth - Anarchy in the uk - or -liar
Quote by wingedgopher
How about some Soinc Youth? It beats the hell out of most of the music your audience is probably familiar with.

the TS isn't ready.....