Me and my friends are starting to have a regular campfire/bbq night so...What are some good folkish songs I can rub out on an acoustic for a campfire setting? I realized suddenly that I dont know any good songs O.o

Also..what are some good chords beyond the simple open ones that can make a fun sing a long tune?
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

I always find Bad Moon Rising by CCR is good for campfires. Easy to play and everybody knows it so they can sing along. I believe UG has a good tab on it. Heart of Gold by Neil Young is also good, but when people sing along to it they tend to try too hard to match NeilYoung/JamesTaylor/LindaRonstadt's vocals, which is really hard to do. I'd actually go with anything by CCR, because so many people know so many of their hits. You wanna try different sounding chords? Just try moving the various shapes up the neck instead of keeping them all open. A good example is the D shape.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Hanson are musical legends.

You watch your god damn mouth when talking about them.

Quote by TheQuailman

I mean, look at me. Can't even get an erection unless I strangle a goat.

It's Time To Be Immortal Cause Heros Never Die!
Last edited by Metallicam at Mar 5, 2007,
Just turn on the popular radio station - there's your setlist.

Classic rock basically, and contemporary songs that your friends would listen to. Then, for kicks, learn a Britney Spears tune or something. Things like that always complete the night.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
More Than Words by Extreme. Everybody loves that.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?