Well it's a five string and most of it is played on the B. I'd say it was some kind of distortion pedal but otherwise i have no idea. I don't know the tab but search around UG and you might find it.
signature
Wow.
Amazing tone there.
I have a 7 band EQ on my amp, anyone knows how I should adjust it to get close to that tone?
Quote by Walkin'Basser
Wow.
Amazing tone there.
I have a 7 band EQ on my amp, anyone knows how I should adjust it to get close to that tone?

I'd say scoop the bass- although i don't know all the frequencies. If you want to get closer to the tone you have to buy a pedal i reckon- probably distortion of some sort
signature
probably lots of mid and a fair bit of treble and distortion of course. It sounds pretty similar to NIB tonewise
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by HorridxHopes
Did Trujillo add more bass work to that song? It doesn't sound like I remember it.

Yea.Hes got a great style.Very talented and knows how to entertain.He's a very energetic performer.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
That is Robert's trademark tone. He uses an MXR M-80+ DI or whatever they are called for distortion. He has quite a few different tones, though.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^ i couldda sworn he used some form of valve head to get that
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
Well, check the Metallica and Jim Dunlop website. But, FWIW, he does use Ampeg SVT2PROs.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
He prolly runs some cabs distorted and the others clean, but I'm sure there is a pedal at least in just the solo part.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
I Like that sound i think im gonna go experiment later although i wont sound quite (anywhere) near that good!
Buying Handicapt Dwarfs Aint Big Nor Clever!
Sounds like either distortion with a little bit of whammy, or distortion with a little bit of chorus. Can't tell which, it sounds like it could almost be either. And I agree with what everone's saying about rob, he's a great all-around bassist. Very lively on stage, but it doesn't seem like he "fits" in metallica. That's just my opinion though.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Taken of the Metallica website:

Ampeg SVT II amplifiers & Ampeg 8x10 speaker cabinets
Mesa Boogie Rectifier amplifiers & Mesa Boogie 4x12 speaker cabinets
Morley Power Wah pedals
Fernandes bass guitars
Zon bass guitars
Music Man bass guitars
Dean Markley Strings
EMG pickups
Dunlop FX & product

He probaly biamps with the triple rectos in the distortion channel and the Ampegs clean. He probably boosts his mids too. The EMG's have a little bit to do too. He sounds a little bit like Chris Squire from Yes who biamps with with a distorted guitar amp. You can biamp with a boss or dogotech pedal since they have stereo outputs. Out 1 Amp, Out 2 Mixer
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Last edited by bassburton at Mar 6, 2007,