how would i go about mounting a guitar neck on a toaster and then converting the inside to the guts of guitar?

no, im serious, i want a toaster guitar. if it can still toast things, all the better!
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Man i cant wait to see this
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

dude, what im asking is "how?". how can i possibly do this?
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

i dontt think theres many people in the world that could answer that...

stick some pickups on the side maybe??? *shrugs*
It'll look ridiculuos, it'll sound ridiculuos and probably play ridiculous, but what the hell! I want to see a toaster guitar
I dont think you'll be able to make one that still toasts things, as Im thinking alot of the electronics will have to be inside the toaster where they can fry, but Id like to see you prove me wrong. but Id say that your best bet would be mounting a bridge on the top, and then sticking the neck on top as well and play it kind of like an acoustic. It alomst definately wont work though.
I doubt you'd be able to fit all the guitar's electronics in with the toaster's own. At least the pots, pickups and output jack would probably end up getting a bit too hot.

Clear the innards out, though, and you should have more than enough space. The hardest part would probably be attaching the neck, and I'm not sure how well the toaster would hold up to the string pressure.

Perhaps start by posting a picture of the toaster you have in mind?
you might do it with a big toaster, just use one pickup and one volume.... dunno if its possible though, I would guess you would have to be able to open the toaster in half and mount everything on top of that....

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
it should come apart by some screws in the bottom if its like my toaster, then you can fill the inside with wood and make a template and then rout the neck pocket/ pickup then screw the bride into the wood inside, have a look around the Internet someone had a Sega games console into a guitar, it would be much the same as that.
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
as long as it still toasts, i say video of toasting while playin when done!
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
You can't make it so that it still toasts (not in home conditions anyway) but you can make a guitar.
We all know the MegaDrive guitar
http://static.flickr.com/50/131057327_2e2d11ded7_m.jpg

and the NES paul
http://www.xocmusic.com/NESpaul/

So it is possible. What you need to do is attach some sort of wooden block to the inside of the toaster's shell. This will be what the neck is attached to. Consider which joint you will use before making it. A bolt on is easiest, but it might be difficult depending on the shape of the toaster.

I say find a pic on the internet of the toaster you have.
it has to toast or theres no point!!

get a duel toaster, and only disable one side!
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
i ****ing love the dual toaster idea, but i'd need to have a pieace of something flame resistent to protect the guitar inards
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

its impossible to make it toast and play at the same time, heat would **** up the electronics and maybe burn the wood, also, you need to fill the toaster's shell with some kind of wood, otherwise the string tension would end up breaking it.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Even if you got a toaster that has 2 or more slots and disable one of them to make room for the electronics, the heat would ruin the guitar parts most likely.
It'd be pretty cool if you could make it work, though
I like this idea. Shouldnt be too hard if you know what you are doing. Id get one of the ones that can toast 4 bits of bread or it might not be long enough.
I always wanted to get a retro toster and put a computer in it I thought that would be cool... never got around to it though.
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
Put a section of wood and attach the neck on that. Then, bolt the toaster on to use it for the lower horn. Finish it like a kitchen counter top, and fix a power outlet in between the pickups. That would be sooooooo badass.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.